• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Latest "Rocky" movie a Christian movie??

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Check this out Rocky 6 from Focus on the Family about the latest, and last, Rocky movie. I didn't recall the opening scene from Rocky (the original) began with a shot of Jesus over a washed up boxer in a filthy ring. In 1976 I was busy doing other things at the movie. It was one of my first "date" movies. I just didn't have Stallone pegged as a religious guy. Apparently Rambo is going to have one final movie as well where he becomes born again. David Morrell wrote the Rambo books though. I don't know if he shares the same religious beliefs as Stallone, but he might; especially for enough money. Thoughts?

MsLet

I was hoping to find some posts for this movie. I don't know about the religious content BUT I do know that I am super-psyched about seeing this movie :notworthy Funny thing, a friend and I were joking that all that was missing now was ............ANOTHER Rambo movie :rock: Is anyone else counting down the days??

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
MsLet said:
Is anyone else counting down the days??

Love the Rocky/Rambo shows but will wait for it to come out on DVD. Don't much care for the theaters here.

murph

dzalphakilo

Banned
thcri said:
Love the Rocky/Rambo shows

Thought the first Rambo was ok, everything else sucked after that IMO.

As always, the book (First Blood) was better, and they changed the ending from the book (script change per Mr. Stallone).