• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

POLL: What brand snowcat do you own?

What brand snowcat do you own/operate?

• AKTIV Snow Trac, Trac Master, or Snow Master

Votes: 103 14.2%
  • KRISTI KT2, KT3, KT4 or KT7

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • THIOKOL/DMC/LMC (any of the numerous models)

Votes: 187 25.8%
  • BOMBARDIER (J5, Bombi, B12, C18, etc)

Votes: 152 21.0%
  • TUCKER (classic steel track)

Votes: 72 9.9%
  • TUCKER (rubber track or terra track)

Votes: 61 8.4%
  • VMC

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Other (please list the brand/model in the thread below)

Votes: 62 8.6%
  • NONE, but I enjoy the Snowcat forums anyway

Votes: 40 5.5%
  • NONE, I visit the ForumsForums but don't frequent the snowcat area.

Votes: 42 5.8%
  • NONE YET, but I am looking for a snowcat.

Votes: 76 10.5%

• Total voters

Two Track Mind

1 1402ST halfcab about 1968. 1 1404WT full cab about 1974.I live over the ridge from Snowcat Pat. Also have original thiokol tiltdeck trailers for each machine.:clap:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome aboard Duffycustom works!

You may want to try the buy sell trade thread for the Tucker.

Quite the inventory you have there, and you want to add another...

Your going to fit right in here...:biggrin:

Regards, Kirk

265.jpg

053.jpg

Figured out how to add photos to my posts. Here are my Thiokols.

If anyone knows how to downsize the photos, please let me know thanks.

Tucky1342

Funny I just saw the pic's and I like the same beer. Some guys from CT have a camp near me and bring it up for me for "after I am done grooming with my Tucker 1342B"

i had that problem when i lived in colorado> Yuengling is probly one of the only perks about living in new jersey besides friends and family..your tucker looks sweet. im looking to go the "Tucker Route" soon.Ive always been a fan

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Duffy,That looks like one of the old Waterville Sprytes! widened cab,raised up 4" Chrysler 318 industrial engine 4 speed new process with reverser??? hows my guess?? Don

Duffy,That looks like one of the old Waterville Sprytes! widened cab,raised up 4" Chrysler 318 industrial engine 4 speed new process with reverser??? hows my guess?? Don

You are dead on.. Did you build that cat back in the day? I got it from a customer of mine that had it in oneonta,ny.. It sat for years and now is alive once again..I was just reading today about the steam lombard log hauler you worked on years ago.. You seam to be one cool knowledgable dude.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Duffy, I worked on it quite a bit!!!:biggrin::biggrin:we had 3 that were converted over back in the early 70"s!! I cant tell you how many hours we put on those machines .The regular Sprytes wouldn't touch them. If you have any questions on it send me a PM .Don

My brother and I were just talking about the spryte that our snowmobile club had until about 1994. It was originally from Waterville Valley. My dad helped modify it, My uncle bought it and then sold it to our club. The club sold it to a club in NY. I heard that they put the radiator behind the cab and used an electric fan. I see some hoses back there, I wonder if that is the one we had. There was a draw bar on the back that could be used as a ram steer when it was pulling a powder maker. I also remember that it had a blade that the only way you could see it was to put your face right up against the window and if you happened to hit something you would smack your forehead on the glass. At times I wish we still had it.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Trailbuilder, Its the same machine you guys had,:biggrin::biggrin: Duffy said it had a radiator in the back!! I cant believe that its still around. Don

I definately learned alot about its history. Thanks loggah and Trailbuilder..I mounted the radiator back up front and took the hydraulic tow bar off to shed some weight. if anyone is interested in the tow bar assembly let me know. Its taking up room in my shop..So happy i found this site

jask

well, that old girl might get around but it looks like she left a few broken hearts along the way.. :)
what are the odds?!

And a few long walks.....at night....in the cold.......alone. But I was only about 19 and was having a blast. I guess she would have been a cougar to me. :brows:

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Well heres a picture of my 1949 Tucker 422 with me hanging around !! I know thats a sno-cat ,but dont know the status of my 2 1925 Lombard model nw logging tractors????? Don

original.jpg

the Lombard has skis and tracks, sounds like a snow cat. You can say that you have the original version of the snow cat. I hope this comment doesn't start a debate about which tracked vehicle was the first one:whistling:

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
CALLING ALL SNOW CAT OWNERS TO THE "CATS MEOW JAMBOREE" TIMBERLINE SKI RESORT AND LODGE.

Don't miss this epic event. If you really like snow cats your going to see vintage snow cats of all kinds.

Red130

New forum member, we recently purchased a PB 130D as a groomer for our local nordic ski trails. I've enjoyed many posts on here as a lurker, I have a soft spot in particular for the old Tuckers. Anyhow, just wanted to introduce myself.

Sucks to check "Other" for type of cat, maybe add a PistenBully box???

Dave

Attachments

• 130D.jpg
    130D.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 750

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
welcome,I don't see many of those, they are around working away for sure.

Send it to WI when you are done with it.

Mike

Alpine

Pistenbully PB 070 DR (Now in Summer resto-mod-clean-up mode)

Yes Please Add a Pistenbully category.

Attachments

• IMG_2143.jpg
    IMG_2143.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 693

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am not able to edit the poll to add more brands.

When we started these forums the main brands owned by our membership at that time were listed. Over time we grew and other brands are now clearly more common on these forums.

I have a well used but serviceable 1971 J5 and recently acquired an 83 Tucker 1344, ex utility company sno-cat with low hours

rotorhead

I just joined up, live in Grand Junction CO. I have been a guest for a while now and learning from all you folks, very interesting and helpful people on this forum. I don't know where or how to reg. my cat, but it's a 1964 Thiokol 1201, 170 Ford eng. OC-4 (I think) but in it's drop boxes, they are gear not chain. I bought it a few years ago and its been sitting in my shop. It came to me with 1000 hrs and a full length cab which was added at some time. The serial number is (84). Going to get it riding tuff for this years El Nino. I live 2 miles from the Grand Mesa which I can run the cat down the road (rural) and start climbing and having fun. Let me know if I was not supposed to write all this info on this reply. I new, so just give me a kick and redirect me. Thankyou

rotorhead

Been in aviation for a long time, taught for the airlines, but fixed wings are boring, so I went to helicopter. Best office view there has ever been. A friend of mine in Montana that I used to fly with on occasion would look at at each other and both say I can't believe they pay us to do this. But yes I was, now retired, Thank the LORD PS Thanks for asking

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Rotorhead,

Thanks for sharing your wings!, And once again welcome aboard !

And one more thing, we will give you a few days to get acclimated. Then the rule is pictures! We love pictures here.
Mostly snowcat pictures, but a occasional rotor or two would be very fine also.

Last edited: