• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Sno Ball jeep cj6 Snowcat

the old trucker

I was surfing the net & came accross this little beauty. Pretty neet looking machine. Thought you folks would like to see. Maybe someone knows all about this cat.

02 Sep 2004
Sno Ball Jeep CJ6 Snowcat

ee_12_sb.JPG

Probably the most unusual CJ6 on the market is currently on eBay. The auction description reads
Rare high performance Jeep snowcat, Like new!! This is a pristine condition vintage snow vehicle was modified when new under contract from the US Government by Jeep and Sno Ball Corporation’s in 1956 to transport crews over deep powder snow in emergencies. They were provided to the US Forest Service and the FAA. It is absolutely like new and includes the original title, owners manual, all dash decals etc! Only 20 of these were built in 1956 and this is the only one remaining.
The description goes on to say:
Has original Jeep 4 cyl engine and 3 speed transmission as well as 4 speed differential. This machine will absolutely out perform most if not all of the $100,000.00 plus snow machines being sold today and will appreciate in value every year while doing so!!! This machine handles the deepest powder snow in North America and will do over 20mph on the open trail! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to own a premier machine like this! This machine has less than 3,000 original miles since new. You can substitute the original axels and wheels for the tracks if you wish to use it as a highway vehicle but it will have several inches of extra frame lift if you do so, looks very cool though!
This machine has had the the rubber tires as well as the rubber belting on the tracks recently replaced with brand new materials. All of the upholstery was replaced with the finest leather while the carpets were replaced in both the cabin and the tool boxes over the front wheel wells with imported 100% wool carpeting. I used the same upholstery company for this Jeep as did my Ferrari and my Bell 206BIII Helicopter as their quality of workmanship is impecable (Sew Fine of Colorado). This has been the premier vehicle in my snow cat collection for many years and is now being liquidated with the balance of the snow vehicles and snow planes.
c3_12_s.JPG

2e_12_s.JPG

13_12_s.JPG

23_12_s.JPG

44_12_s.JPG

ba_12_s.JPG

bd_12_s.JPG

d0_12_s.JPG

ea_12_s.JPG

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think there has been some discussion about this very Jeep conversion in the past. Seems to me that one of our members seemed to know quite a bit about it. Hopefully he'll be able to chip in some details. Unfortunately we are at the end of snowcat season and we see some members who are very active in the winter months trail off their visits as the weather warms up, only to return again in the fall when the weather cools. With any luck you'll get some replies soon.