• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

clutch in Tucker 1983 Sno-cat, model # 1344

clutch in Tucker 1983 Sno-cat, model # 1344 - does it have a hydraulic clutch linked to the brake master cylinder, or are my eyes deceiving me? - if it is part of the master cylinder, I assume it works with brake fluid?

I found a slave cylinder for my Tucker - the seller wasn't sure what year of pickup it fitted when another potential buy asked the question, but he did say one like it fitted his Tucker sno-cat - lol - figured I couldn't go too far wrong - and I was shocked at the price - it was MUCH cheaper than I had expected it to be - lol - exchange on the US $, shipping, taxes, etc, and it still came in at about $55

Archmage

Got any pictures? I am in need of one my self...having no luck finding anything that has near the same size mounting holes, center to center on mine are 2.75 inches apart.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here are two master cyls. with different bores depending on what displacement you need. The housings are the same and it looks like 2 1/2 center to center distance. Upper bolt holes 5 inches c-c. Used in '61 GMC Carryall.

Attachments

• Master cyl 1.jpg
    Master cyl 1.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 257
  • Master cyl 2.jpg
    Master cyl 2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 253

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I have a brand new Raybestos Professional Grade master cylinder in it's never opened plastic bag. I bought this several years ago for a project Tucker (and then decided on an automatic). The box says "Made in USA", and the plastic bag says "Made with pride in USA". I think Raybestos now gets their parts made in China.

If you want it, I'll sell it for $125, including shipping.