• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rays newest toy-J5

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
A few weeks ago my younger brother bought a J5 Bombardier and Trailer setup, with goodies. It hadn't run in over 20 years. JS-68 so I'm thinking 1968.
It came with trailer, loading arm, trailer hitch that bolts under the J5 frame, winch,and PTO, also 2 dozen extra grousers with tire guides, and 2 brand new belts in the bombardier shipping crate.Heres a few pictures of all the goodies.

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

IMP

Site Supporter
That is sure a nice clean machine. Great find and those extra parts are great to have around. Did you find it in Canada?

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
No,He knew about it for years' lady in Orford N.H. had it, about 40 miles from here.It also had a heater, defroster with it but I don't believe it was for this machine. It runs really well on 3/4 choke !!:biggrin:needs the gas tank cleaned out ,and a carb rebuild kit . Don

J5 Bombardier

Nice find, great pic of the NOS belting, the way they shipped it back in the day ! With the original hitch on the J5 , those trailers can take a wicked load !
J5 Bombardier

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
The belting, cleats and tire guides were in a building with a damp dirt floor, thats why the wood is rotted on the belting pack.The belting actually says "TIRE SIDE" moulded into it is it gets assembled properly.:smile:The muffler will get repositioned, no sense having a pre-heater for the fan to pull hot air thru and then push it thru the top mounted radiator

Last edited:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like it has a good home in the loggah's now. He got that Thiokol also?

What is the status of the Adirondack Tucker you hauled last year?

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Brian, He has the 1404 imp ,and now the j5. The 1953 tucker I got from Vermont is just sitting in my building for the moment. I been working on my 1930 Stewart panel truck getting that squared away for Campton 250th anniversary celebration.:smile:

original.jpg

original.jpg