• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Diff chips

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter

These chips were on the magnetic plug, should I be concerned? Not sure when the fluid was last changed but was pretty dirty and milky as well. How does water typically make it's way in there?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
my bombi always got milky until I put a filter on the vent. I on it I figured condensation.

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Was supposed to be thanks Jim above, stupid auto spell!

J5, I went out and checked the plug over, chips are not from there. The chip on the right has some marks from machining on it. They aren't very big chunks but I have no idea how many have been pulled out of there in the past. The cab has to get pulled to get in the dif on this machine, not in the plans at the moment. I'm just wondering if this is common to find or a sign of a project in the making. The cat has 18,000 miles on her

J5 Bombardier

Usually a magnetic plug has the magnetic material protruding 1/8 " from the plug , those pieces I thought fit the description . Taking a peek inside ,would be on the safe side.
Regards J5 Bombardier

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's Jim, what material did you use for the filter?

get one of those filters for painting that filter water out of the air. at the paint shop I went to had cheap inline small ones. they turned color when water fill them. my bombi vent was hard to get to so I extended it into the cab with the filter on the end. worked good for me.
jim