• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Track belting

Jess

I have a thiokol 1200 and I just tore a track pretty good, and I'm thinking I should just replace the belts.
I contacted a local belting place and they quoted me some 1/2" 4 ply 440lb tensile good to -25 degrees. Would this be strong enough?
They also have 7/16" 3 ply 330lb. What's everyones thoughts?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
3 Ply is certainly enough for a non hydro cat what you don't want is the thick rubber covers 1/16 cover to 3/32. Get to thick and it allows the cleat to move to much,and will just crack sooner from the flex action

Sounds from the thickness they have quoted thick covers the strength comes from the plys not the rubber

Jess

Ok so the company I was talking to directed me to fallline.com, I can get conveyor belting for 125 a belt but fall line wants 625 a belt!!!!!!!! Ouch!!!! What's every ones consensus?