• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cat in Maine with plow and drag

undy

What's with these prices? 15K for a SV250??? Granted, with plow... But still.

My cat's price just went up!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
remember that is what they are asking doesn't mean it is what they will get the machine is only worth what some one is willing to pay for it.

Northcoast

GOLD Site Supporter
Anybody else ever notice that prices are always too high when we go to buy something,but not when we go to sell?:unsure:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
even with the work I had to put into my 2100 I think I got a good price on it I just recently seen one looking pretty ragged out with an asking price of 8 grand I about swallowed my plug of chew. the other thing we have to remember is that 15 grand doesn't buy what it did 5 years ago when you may have picked a machine like that up for 8 grand.

northeastheavy

$15K Does seem a bit up there but I agree with Don. Prices on new equipment are just sky high. I deal alot with farm equipment and in the last 20 year Combines have gone from $250k to over $600k. Look at industrial engine. Had a quote to replace a Cat 850hp motor in a tub grinder for $105k. Just an engine!! That has to trickle down to the used equipment market, What are new snowcats costing. Makes $15k seem small. If only salaries went up too!!!

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I disagree about wages going up make the dollar actually buy something again l once wages are raised than they will never go down again. raising wages is a piss poor cure for those morons controlling our money and de valuing it.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
At 15K it might not be so bad, if only they told more about the machine..

If the rear diff. has been gone through, and the engine is fresh, tracks not to old ect., and the big one, flexators on the bogie wheels... It might not seem so high priced. But with no information regarding service records, replaced components, ect.. it sure seems high, for it's age and what it is..

My bet is they have the information and would likely pass it on to the buyer. It's jut to bad they didn't include what has been done in the for sale add.

Regards, Kirk

Last edited:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I have been looking at things thinking prices are high but not really too bad considering what your dollar will buy now.