• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB Snow Roller/Packer

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Before I build one want to see what's out there. 7-8
Foot. New England area.

Will pull behind tucker on small private trail system.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Before I build one want to see what's out there. 7-8
Foot. New England area.

Will pull behind tucker on small private trail system.

I have a couple but I'm a looooooooong ways away one has wood slats 7-8' (came from NY )

One is three expanded metal rollers about 12' came from a 2100 pack master
Adjustable with hydraulic lump breaker bar

Some of the clubs will get a black plastic corrugated culvert fill with sand or concrete attach ends with bearings and hitch being plastic the snow does not stick well

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Built a Missing roller for my valley powder maker. Thinking steel enclosed maybe some weld or thin stock for traction. 36" should do it.

That powder maker was full of snow after a few storms
Last year. Seems like it needs very specific conditions to work well.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
30"dia. steel culvert 8' long,2 steel discs about 34" dia,2 short stubs for 1 1/2" pillow block bearings ,4" channel iron frame with drawbar,wood slats or used rubber belting bolted across the culvert to break up the pattern and help the roller turn in deep snow.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Craigslist NH

reply x prohibited[?] Posted: a day ago ◀ prev ▲ next ▶ print
6inch an 12inch culvert pipe +fittings - $100 (Alton)
safety tips
prohibited items
product recalls
avoiding scams
i have heavy culvert pipe all sizes let me know
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 5197782966 posted: a day ago email to friend ♥ best of [?]
Avoid scams, deal locally Beware wiring (e.g. Western Union), cashier checks, money orders, shipping.

build a drag with a pan-----I have a drag that uses scafires to cut a planer bar to smooth and a heated pan to pack----just remember a roller will follow the ground/bumps-----a pan will glide over them-----I have built many drags for clubs----I think my new scafire drag pulls way easier than a drag with cutter blades----and the heated pan lays it down like blacktop----I pull my drag with a geo tracker on mattracks----old forge ny uses one of my drags ------ I think some of the big name drags with way to many cutter blades disrupt the snow to much -----never letting the trail freeze down hard----cut and fill is the way to go----that's why I use a planer bar

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a drag that works well 12" and under but with deep snow I have trouble flowing over the front.

does your drag use cutter blades---------we had lots of deep snow this winter----with no melt off----my scafires and pan work great----iam at the base of tug hill----I have pics of my tracker with snow up to the hood===new to this site not sure how to post pics. here---some day ill take the time to figure it out----------in upstate ny iam the king of tracks----my beer cooler even has tracks on it ----- my sno chopper has a track on it lol

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
exhaust to heat the pan?

beer cooler picture is a must
I find resizing the photos to small a great start.
then saving them somewhere where I can find them is the next best thing to do.
the picture manager thing is easy in the advanced reply place.

undy

I built 10' wide one using an offcut 30"id poly corrugated culvert from an interstate road project, angle channel off a wrecked utility trailer, and pillow block bearings from Farm & Fleet. I've got around $100 into it.

It does not have end plates of larger diameter, but I have not had any problem with it trailing the cat even on the steepest area of my hill.

LTR

Might be willing to sell, Off 1994 Tucker 2000 (Central New York) Can be adjusted to different Lenghs, 10ft shown in Picture.

packer%20bar%202.jpg
[/URL]http://[/IMG]

Hi LTR, I might be interested. Can you PM me with your contact information or give me a call at 253-241-8019. Thanks! Rocketman :thumb:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey addict, I snagged this drag for use behind my distressed 1542.

If you need measurements or details feel free to shout.

LTR/ Tim it was nice meeting you, you have lots to share here with all the snowcat people.... compliments to a well run snowmobile trail effort., thanks for sharing ideas.,

Attachments

• packer bar 2.jpg
    packer bar 2.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 283

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good things come to those who wait!.

Just scored this lot today for my last snow related purchase of 2015!

No Tuckers with it as of now but....

Attachments

• Roller fleet 2.jpg
    Roller fleet 2.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 174
  • roller fleet 3.jpg
    roller fleet 3.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 175
  • Roller Fleet.jpg
    Roller Fleet.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 200

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
When you driving up to Jackson to pick them up???:clap: you only need the 8' one,i dont know if you need the valley engineering powder maker will be needed on the Tucker trails !!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Up in Conway now with the deck over. Already have one powder maker back home except mine has and additional blade in front. Plan on getting the three singles loaded Saturday am. Powder maker #2 will be a second trip.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Up in Conway now with the deck over. Already have one powder maker back home except mine has and additional blade in front. Plan on getting the three singles loaded Saturday am. Powder maker #2 will be a second trip.

That was a pretty good deal,i saw them last night when i was thinking about buying the horse drawn snow roller parts for my mini -museum.you will be getting a bunch of windshield time moving them !!!:biggrin:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Already on my second round trip Conway to Haverhill in 18 hours. Should be up here most weekend to grab he last one. Might be a Conway lawn ornament until spring or a Jackson one!

google snowmobile clubs----iam sure they have old rollers in the weeds-----I build drags---(since1990)---had the same cat you have----with a stick in it ---like iam sure you have-----I pulled a drag with a heated pan----just lift the drag and let the pan work------rollers follow the ground ----I guess iam lost----roll it than groom it------?-----------my drags use no cutting edges---I use scafires and plainer bars-----with all the snow we had last winter---I never put my scafires-in my drag----I ran plainer bars and heated pan-----just sayin lol

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nostalgia . Could just get a new tucker but then what would I do with all my time?

Where is the heated drag hookup on a tucker torpedo?