• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker 443

ikold

I've got a 68 Tucker 443 that we restored about 4 years ago. I'd like to either find someone to do a rubber track conversion or sell it and find a rubber track machine. I love the look of mine (it has the ex wide/long pontoons) but I want something that can go faster and has a more reliable track system.

I'm located in Erie, CO

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would like to hear more about the 68;
I have a 75 1542 rubber belts, steel grousers.
do you mean terra tracks?
Mike

ikold

Here is a video of it. We used it to do some skiing and a few times to service equipment buried in the snows of wyoming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiDYTivW-8g

Not the best video of the machine and the paint has faded in the sun since this was made.

I'm looking for something that can got 25-30mph on a groomed trail. Am looking for something that a group of 6 can use to access back country ski terrain.

you must be new to cats-----ive had around 15 different different cats----25 to 30 is not going to happen-----I have a tucker (not going to happen) and a geo tracker on mattracks -----I can go 30 ish when I run roads in my tracker----I do mod. work on cats-----I worked on a pb canyon they are pretty fast---a lot of them have cabins on the rear----its not a work machine just a good transporter ----they have rubber tracks also

ikold

I want something thats faster than my 443 and that can haul 6 adults. The 443 is a tank and have been totally satisfied with its ability to go over and through stuff but at 6mph it just takes too long.

Is there a track conversion kit out there?

Aaron Tucker

ive had my 1342 tucker up to 27mph at vail pass going down hill.looked like a snow cloud ....... up hill is max at 12mph

snowcatt

Why don't you pick up a Bombardier wide or narrow gauge . holds like 12 people . they do like 45 miles an hour The only problem with them is they don't turn very good on ice