• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB 5 person snowcat

fsdesign

Looking for a 5 person snowcat. New to this, so not really sure what I want. I'll be using it at our cabin in W Central Montana. Definitely want something that will go through the deep snow well. My budget is up to $18,000. Seems like there were a bunch sitting around until I was ready to buy and they all are gone now. Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated. Doesn't need to be a cream puff, but would like something mechanically sound that I could use this winter. The closer to MT, the better, but I would definitely travel for the right one. Thanks, Curt

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the snow trac would be an affordable option I haven't seen too many cream puffs lately another option would be a Thiokol imp or a sprite in your price range you could even find a good little 1500 even some nice tuckers come up in that price range. happy shopping snow trans has some nice inventory out west and check with Minnesota out doors on the east coast. the other option if your, not in a real rush hide the money from momma and wait around there will be some nice ones pop up here on the forum

fsdesign

Thanks for the info. I'm not in a huge hurry to purchase, just ready if the right one comes along. I did speak with Mary at Snotrans. They have some nice machines, just more $ than I have to spend right now.

fsdesign

Thanks to all that replied, especially Tuckerville Garage. My sno-cat search is on hold for awhile. I'll just keep lurking around, learning what I can until I can purchase a machine.

Rjohnson

I have a 1975 Thiokol Spryte 1201 Wide-Track, with just 112 hours.
This has the 300 cubic inch straight 6 industrial Ford engine with a Ford C-6 three speed automatic transmission. This Spryte has the heavy duty OC-12 drive unit. This is the four door 5-6 man model cab with the bed. Tracks and tires are in excellent condition. The whole cat is in excellent condition.
Replaced the rear hydraulic slaves with Spryte Improvement Stainless Steel Slave Cylinders along with the rear hydraulic lines. Replaces the carb with a upgraded model that you can adjust the altitude jetting with a turn of a screw. Added duel battery. This Spryte is original and in amazing condition.

Located in Utah It will be asking $23,000 once the snow starts flying I know its a bit more than you are wanting to pay, but this machine is in excellent shape and you will not find a better one out there for this price. Please let me know if you need any other info.

5thEffect

my phone number is 801-674-7270 can you send me a picture? if you still have it ... if so can i come look at it tomorrow.. Saturday Nov. 14 Thanks

Nemo

I will end up with a fixer upper as I am budgeted to $4000. I would love to trade as I have lots of stuff.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I will keep my eyes open I haave a builder but don't want to get rid of it yet maybe after I get the navy rig on the ground.