• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Finland

dirk

hi,

So i painted my snow trac, now its ready only new seatcovers inside.
I even got it roadregisterd ! i am the only one in finland with a thing like this with a licenceplate !
I had some problems with the variator.
The disksurface was totaly rusted and made big damage to the belt.
So i took the variator in pieces and with a beltsander i cleaned the disks.
Then i put the new belt and put everything nicely back in.
But now what ? it did not steer no more !! only a little if i was driving backwards.
So now i decide to read about the belt and variator in the forum.
This is what i should have done before taking my variator in pieces.

When i took the variator out, the eyebolt from the upper arms was so loose that it made a few turns.
I did not care, i just twisted it back a couple turns.
After reading i understand that this was not so wise.

My whole variator is now out of spec.
I took the variator out again and compressed the springs from both arms till they where the same lenght.
Then i put the variator back in again.
The belt was a bit tight, so i drove a few meters to check and compressed the nuts even more.
i drove again and wonderwell, it works! only the circle seems a bit big, maybe now the belt is too loose.

anyway, now i know a little more about the variator.

my next project is to build the sleigh.
i will put some pictures of the proces.

dirk

Attachments

• P1110332.jpg
    P1110332.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 225
  • P1110333.jpg
    P1110333.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 233
  • P1110334.jpg
    P1110334.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 223

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome! That sure looks like a fine machine. There are plenty of folks on this forum who can answer questions about it for you. Just getting into the cat season and more info will be available as more people get back on the forum. Don't pay much attention to Melensdad as his machine does not get out of the garage much!:whistling::yum::yum: