• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol 1201C est value

59muskeg

Hello all, I am looking for help determining the value of a 1201C that I am looking to purchase. I have had them before and sold them, always loosing my shirt on resale. What I am looking at now is a Thiokol 1201C. All glass intact. Cab is in good shape. Nothing missing from interior. Ford industrial 300 six with C6 ford auto. No blade. 45 gal fuel tank. OC12 rear diff with drop boxes and skid guards. Factory 8 ft wide, no cut down. New style J cleats. Belting I would rate at a 5. Rear sprockets rate at 7. Cast front idle wheel, heavy duty steel for the rest of bogies with what looks like smooth Alpine filled tires. Runs good and operates. May have to change the rear steer cylinders. 1260 hours showing on meter. Just trying to get a realistic value. Any help from the guys that have been around would be appreciated. It is the older model C because the dash is in the center not on the right. Thanks

I had a 77 modeland the dash wash in front of the driver and my buddy had a 76 model and the dash wash in front of the engine cowling. I have never been able to confirm the age by the location of the dash on other rigs because I've seen it in both places throughout the years.

I would think that machine based on your description is worth at least $10,000 and maybe as much as $15,000 or more depending on a lot of minor maintenance details. That's my .02.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I would guess an older machine as the later models had the cast monorail road wheels front to rear the steel jobs were prone to cracking out around the hubs there is a fix for that but may not be as much of a problem with the narrower tracks my 2100 is a 72 and has the same configuration. like ak snowcat stated it should be worth in excess of 10 k in the end it is only worth what some one is willing to pay for it.

Northcoast

GOLD Site Supporter
bought a similar machine for 10,000, sold 5 years later for 8,000 after many small improvements(and a lot of fun)!