• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A new Gas Line

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Seems everybody that i'm working for are changing from propane..or even heat pumps to Natural Gas..I've plumbed in three this week..last week one of the one's i did had a leak..they all get inspected and pass before vectren will ever hang the meter..I climbed all over the new line under pressure..checking every joint..more than once..Finally found the leak ..right in the middle of a coupling...right in the middle,or actually right in the H in CHINA....pin hole leak....was really testing threadded ends for leaks..finally after the third time through....the bubble shows up..after removeing and replaceing ..you could see the bad sand cast from the inside.. I wonder what time will do to the US..with the inferrier parts that are being installed every day that come from China..:hammer:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I refuse to buy Chinese fittings. Had the same thing on a galvanized 2" L on a boiler install. Had to cut a nipple to replace it. Took it back to the supply house and we never got Chinese from them again. We turned a lot of business with them and told them Ward or we would go elsewhere. They make the bulk of their stuff right down the road about 40 miles from me.

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Bill.. so Ward is a company that makes or sell's US made plumbing fittings..These fitting that i use come right from the supply house that sells the units I install..These were not HD/Lowes fitings....The time and labor that it took me to find that damb leak..and only found it on a fluke..after crawling through a crawlspace.more than once..not saying the same couldn't happen on a us made piece..Guess i was just ranting..:hammer: