• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pentagon says the marines can't fart ...........

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
For Marines in Afghanistan: be careful where you fart

Marine Corps Times is a family newspaper and we only rarely have offensive language in our stories.
But this week the word “fart” appears in a story I wrote about the importance of trust between Marines and the Afghan national army soldiers they work with.
I didn’t want to write this little blog entry about farts. It’s not even on my beat. But my colleague Dan Lamothe, whose byline you have seen here quite often, shamed me into it.
“You owe it to all Marines,” he told me.
So here’s the news: audible farting has been banned for some Marines downrange because it offends the Afghans.
I know there are many things in the Afghan culture that don’t seem normal to Americans and it’s hard to spend seven months working in someone else’s back yard. Still, the Marines I saw downrange are doing a pretty good job at trying to do the right thing around the Afghans.
They’re not supposed to cuss because it could be misunderstood (that one goes out the window a lot). And they stay away from talking about politics, religion or girls because those topics could escalate into major disagreements (they can’t communicate anyway because of the language barrier).
But farting? That’s practically a sport. Ok, it’s not soccer, but a good contest could open the door for cross-cultural exchanges, jokes and other gallows humor.
So, for all Marines getting ready to go downwind, I mean downrange, be forewarned — you may have to hold it in… at least until you get back to your hooch where you can loudly crop dust your friends.

SShepherd

are you kidding me ? They screw goats, and wipe their asses with their hand.......but they're offended by a fart?

piss on em

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
My wife told me not to fart.

She especially don't like it under the covers; it's like a SBD sneak attack and keeps coming at you, and you don't dare move the sheets.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
My dog and one cat like to lay on the bed. If I fart they instantly move to the foot of the bed. Wife just beats me and bitches!:yum:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I think we should just airdrop nothing but beans into Afghanistan, introduce them to the real world. Tell them if they fart in front of American soldiers, it is an insult if not done among friends, and they may be shot on the spot!

Let them worry about that for a bit instead.... Then tell them it was "Pork" and beans a few weeks later!

If they want to live in the 6th Century, then let them.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
My wife told me not to fart.

She especially don't like it under the covers; it's like a SBD sneak attack and keeps coming at you, and you don't dare move the sheets.

If you dutch oven her, and she is still there in the morning, it was meant to be :yum: