• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Homer snow cats

Cletis

The wife and I just returned from AK. Was kinda suprised that we didn't see but four cats. The two pictured and a couple Tuckers half way to Glennallen. The two pictured were right off the road in Homer. Heck someone on this forum may even own them. We werent able to get up past Denali though. Still quite a bit of Ak that we didn't get to see.

Cletis

Attachments

• sno cat in ak.jpg
    sno cat in ak.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 316
  • sno cat in ak II.jpg
    sno cat in ak II.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 318

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That top snowcat looks like an Army Weasel (built by Studebaker) but with modified tracks?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
they are both weasels both have different tracks the boottom one has a nodwell track conversion the top one has otter tracks cut down

akfj40

Actually the the top one is a spat track conversion m56 scorpion. I have the same on mine. I see its time for a road trip

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Yeah, they are Weasels, the top track conversion is very common, the original track design was terrible, you could walk out of the tracks in a heartbeat all the time!. Hunting season is apon us so you will see these critters everywhere for the next few months!