• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

TUCKER: Yes I know that it's not A Snow Trac

Grooming Snow

But if any one is looking for a snow cat to restore this may be what your looking for! It's a 1965 Tucker Van body type & it runs and had been used up to 2004 when the club ended up with a tractor with tracks kit. It was time to give the old girl some time off!
Copy%20of%20massey%20031.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dale, why don't you restore it? Little lady of the house won't let you??? :nono2:

Tucker Sno-Cats are probably the most 'collectable' brand of snowcat out there. Certainly they are one brand that has withstood the test of time and has evolved from early machines with skis on the front to some of the most modern equipment on the planet.

Is that a model 443 Tucker?

Chrysler Industrial 6 cylinder? I know some of them were offered with a Jeep Gladiator engine in the 60's that boosted the horsepower up to about 140. The Chrylser was something like 95hp but I think they tweaked it over time to eek a bit more power out of it later on. Transmission should be 4 forward, 1 reverse. Early models had a 3 speed but by the mid-60's I think they had the 4 speed.

Got any more photos? Interior condition? Engine condition? Details man!!!

Grooming Snow

:confused: Dam your good ! If I can that's what I want to do. But with milk price's down the little lady said no way(((But if I sell))) the 1997 tucker that I just got in trade that 1965 will be my new play toy I have a buddy that is a body man that can't wait to get his hands on it, if I buy it love's to restore old things.
:weneedpic Hell no you can just kiss my:moon: I told the club that I would help sell it but I don't want to try that Hard :D

:pat: Ok I post to
showphoto.php

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Grooming Snow said:
But with milk price's down the little lady said no way(((But if I sell))) the 1997 tucker that I just got in trade that 1965 will be my new play toy :D

I here this from the wife all the time when I see a snow cat I want. I don't let it interfere with my decisions.:whistle: I just spend the next six months or so in the dog house until she mellows out again. Then I start all over again with a new project..... Start on the Tucker now and tell her the project will cost less in the long run and you will make a bundle when you sell.:yum: :yum: Makes a good excuse, worked a couple times for me.:thumb:

God hates a coward!!!!! :beer:

Grooming Snow

How do you think I talked her in to letting me sell snow cats :thumb: And I also farm and ended up with 7 tractors ( looking at a older WD45 AC , all it need is a new rear rim , so maybe 8 ) 2 skid steers 7 snowmobiles 2 4wheelers 1 new AC- prowler 18' Thompson boat ( but I think she is starting to catch on :( ) OH ya the dog house has a Queen size bed in ! See my mother didn't raise no dummy;)
So all I need to do is keep telling my self it for resale only:rolleyes:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
First it was a Snow Master. Then a Kristi came into being. Now I have added a Thiokol and man that Tucker looks sweet! Uhhmmmmmm How much? LOL! No I am just kidding! I have to finish this Snow Master then the Thiokol gets disassebled to the frame and rebuilt. After that maybe a Tucker????

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Grooming Snow said:
How do you think I talked her in to letting me sell snow cats :thumb: And I also farm and ended up with 7 tractors ( looking at a older WD45 AC , all it need is a new rear rim , so maybe 8 ) 2 skid steers 7 snowmobiles 2 4wheelers 1 new AC- prowler 18' Thompson boat ( but I think she is starting to catch on :( ) OH ya the dog house has a Queen size bed in ! See my mother didn't raise no dummy;)
So all I need to do is keep telling my self it for resale only:rolleyes:

Keep them guessing and they will always go along with a good PLAN.:yum: Just sell the idea and let happen what happens...:whistle: Way too many toys for one boy....:eek: :beer:

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Exchanged "E's" with the owner, I recognized the somewhat rare Blue Fiberglass Pontoons. This IS a good restoration candidate as it was the last of the Steel Tracks built. I'm interested even though I swear I'm getting "out of the business". On all previous models the "Pontoon's" were steel and on a few models the bottom side of the assembly was Stainless Steel. If I'm not mistaken the Fiberglass one also had Stainless Steel bottoms. It's mighty tempting!

Grooming Snow

:blahblah: :blahblah: Ok Have had emails on what the price of this 443-A 1965 Tucker is. The Club want to get $6,000 And the price may go up as the club starts to get alittle money in the bank. See they just built a new shed / club house to store the groomers and 1/2 the club wants to keep it and restore it the other 1/2 want to sell so they can pay the building off.
:confused2: So the longer they have and the more money the raise this year may mean no sale :pat: and no :eek: $$$$ for me !!

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Rolligon, originally manufactured by the Rolligon Corp, for the US Military for use in swamp. The company was in turn bought out by Bechtel during the Pipeline construction. This is one of the only 'Wheeled' machines that I have ever ridden in that navigates unpacked snow. The tires, called 'Air Bags' have seperate pressure regulators and guages for each one. They are driven bya roller at the top which is hydrolicaly powered. This machine has 2 engines, one in the tractor, one on the trailer. It caries 2000 gallons of fuel, has a top speed of about 10 MPH. Some of them have Radar and Global Positioners so that they can be driven in complete white out conditions. Price Tag: 1.7 Million $. Catco bought out Bechtel around the time the Trans Alaska Pipeline was completed and has the entire fleet up here in Prudhoe Bay Alaska. They build a single new machine every year or two. They are very smooth riding. The one I rode in took 6 Hours to go the 26.5 miles across unpacked snow at 30 Below Zero, from the edge of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to Prudhoe Bay.

Attachments

• 2front.jpg
    2front.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 534
  • 3side.jpg
    3side.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 541
  • 4rear.jpg
    4rear.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 526

jzue1

I'd love to give her a new home. Do you have more pic of her and where is she located. Hoping to be in the UP by Marquette next month. If not too far, would like to see her. Right now I'm stationed in VA till I retire next year. I got a 8 wheel drive argo with tracks for sale...or trade.
Jeff

Lyndon said:
Rolligon, originally manufactured by the Rolligon Corp, for the US Military for use in swamp. The company was in turn bought out by Bechtel during the Pipeline construction. This is one of the only 'Wheeled' machines that I have ever ridden in that navigates unpacked snow. The tires, called 'Air Bags' have seperate pressure regulators and guages for each one. They are driven bya roller at the top which is hydrolicaly powered. This machine has 2 engines, one in the tractor, one on the trailer. It caries 2000 gallons of fuel, has a top speed of about 10 MPH. Some of them have Radar and Global Positioners so that they can be driven in complete white out conditions. Price Tag: 1.7 Million $. Catco bought out Bechtel around the time the Trans Alaska Pipeline was completed and has the entire fleet up here in Prudhoe Bay Alaska. They build a single new machine every year or two. They are very smooth riding. The one I rode in took 6 Hours to go the 26.5 miles across unpacked snow at 30 Below Zero, from the edge of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to Prudhoe Bay.

These photos are very interesting. If you have others it should be cool to see them. Thank you.