• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

for you diet softdrink drinkers

SShepherd

http://www.naturalnews.com/034378_artificial_sweetener_disease_ASD_aspartame.html

Artificial Sweetener Disease; a new breed of sickness

(NaturalNews) Artificial Sweetener Disease (ASD) is sweeping across America, affecting tens of thousands of consumers, and Western medicine calls it anything but what it really is, so that doctors can prescribe expensive pharmaceuticals and set up "check up" appointments for the following weeks.

Call it recurring headaches, unbearable migraines, depression, anxiety, muscle pain, arthritis flare ups, buzzing or ringing in the ears, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Crohn's disease, inflammation, even acid reflux, but don't call it ASD, or the patient may stop consuming synthetic sweeteners, and then not schedule more doctor visits.

The symptoms of ASD can change overnight, depending on how much chemical sweetener you consume, and which ones. Some combinations are especially toxic. Consumers can go from a migraine headache to vomiting or from vision problems to an upset stomach. Many people experience central nervous system disorders, cramping, nervous twitches and abnormal reflexes. (http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/)

It all started when Ronald Reagan took office in 1980. He immediately fired the head of the FDA, under advisement from Donald Rumsfeld (CEO of Searle Pharmaceutical at the time), and hired Dr. Arthur Hull Hayes, Jr., who auspiciously approved aspartame. It was the decade of the diet craze, and Rumsfeld and his constituents made a fortune off the artificial sweetener which had been banned for decades due to laboratory testing results proving it was carcinogenic. The same FDA tainted approval process gave way to sucralose in 1991, and then sorbitol in 2003. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robbi...)

Gulf War Syndrome mainly ASD

It is not a coincidence that a wave of fibromyalgia cases hit the American troops during the Gulf War. Studies revealed that drinking diet sodas in the 120 degree heat lead to serious health repercussions. It was cleverly chalked up under the umbrella term "Gulf War Syndrome," but the same problems are occurring for troops in Iraq and Afghanistan now. (http://www.militaryspot.com/resourc...)

It is also no coincidence that 4 out of 5 fibromyalgia cases affect women, who are more likely to eat diet foods and consume diet drinks than men. Nearly all chewing gum and breath mints are loaded with artificial sweeteners. (http://healthwyze.org/index.php/com...)

The popular saying that "there's not enough artificial sweetener in any specific product to cause health concerns" is a lie, especially now that in 2011 there are synthetic sweeteners in over 25% of all food, drink, gum and candy available. This cumulative effect has created ASD, and thanks to little or no regulation of chemical agents in food, it's not going away any time soon.

There is no prescription drug, and there never will be one, that cures the problems that artificial sweeteners create. In fact, over 70 percent of reported cases of fibromyalgia, chronic depression, IBS and acid reflux are caused by consuming chemical agents which have been approved by the FDA for consumption. (http://www.foodintol.com/food_intol...)

Cancer may be the distant, long term result of consuming chemicals, but ASD is the short term consequence, and it is very serious. If you look to prescription drugs to cure these "chronic ailments," then you will experience even more side effects from the prescription medicines, and maybe worse ones than you already have.

The good news is the cure for Artificial Sweetener Disease is absolutely free and involves no doctor, no health insurance co-pays, and has zero side effects. Here is the secret cure for ASD: throw away your sugar free gum and candy, and then trash all foods and drinks you have that are labeled "light" and "zero." Read the labels on everything, so you can filter out all artificial sweeteners from your products, including aspartame, sucralose, sorbitol, acesulfame-k, aspartic acid, and saccharine.

As an alternative to poisoning yourself, try Xylitol or Stevia in order to cut calories, or simply eat more organic vegetables! If problems persist, take a list of everything you ate this week to your Naturopath or Nutritionist to analyze. Remember, if you're getting sick from moldy bread, don't look for a prescription drug to cure you, just stop eating moldy bread.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
this confuses me, namely the part that states, in bold type, that there is not & shall not be a drug that cures the "problems that artificial sweeteners create." if it is indeed fact that sweeteners cause so many ails, how can these people assume there cannot be a drug developed to alleviate the symptoms of this so-called "disease". new drugs keep being discovered so much of the time.

another part (actually i laughed @ this one) was the very end, saying if moldy bready is making you ill, rather than seek a prescription, quit ingesting the bread. lol, penicillin-an antibiotic medication- grows on moldy bread. i learned that in 2nd grade. we grew penicillon on the windowsill.

also, those that already have IBS can experience intensified GI distress from ingesting sugarless items, though the pseudo-sweeteners aren't the culprit that 'give' a person IBS. i have it, & when i mentioned to my doctor that i'd ingested sugarless candy & that my stomach was then in turmoil, she simply said that sugarless items wreak havoc on those w/ IBS, so avoid them. so i avoided them thereafter. there weren't further appts. sceduled besides the usual ones we keep for health reasons, bona fide ones, that hafta be monitered closely. no new medications prescribed, no med changes, only advice on how to alleviate the ail.

i don't think there's some conspirancy amongst physicians to continue to not 'diagnose' this supposed condition.

&, as my last thought, many symptoms mentioned may be caused by the caffeine in pop & other beverages w/ artificial sweetners, sugarless chocolate candy, etc- & not the artificial sweetners-.......like headaches/migraines (a symptom of caffeine withdrawl); anxiety, seeing as to how caffeine is a stimulant; buzzing/ringing in ears; fatigue (until you get your first cup in & lapses in energy as the effects of the caffeine fade);..... i avoid both & yet i have horrible reflux. yes, i take meds for it, though they're samples provided to me by my physician, no cost. as for the fibromyalgia- that is a disease that has many stones waiting to be turned as yet. i know a few people that have chrohn's; they have symptoms related to foods, though they're unaffected by fake sugar. the next paragraph, same thing- most of that can be linked directly to too much of the stimulant caffeine. i can personally attest to this. i took my cuppa joe black & unadorned. & in vast amounts. most of those symptoms appeared. when i removed stimulant anything from my day, they went away.
i really don't much care, as i drink pop w/ sugar & avoid sugarless so my IBS won't react. other than that, well.......

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I can remember me and my brother having headaches as a pre-teens in the early 60's. We were taken to the pediatrician and when he found out that my mother switched from good old fashioned pop over to Diet-Rite Cola (we were little "chunkers"), he said to "Pour that shit down the drain." Mom got rid of the diet pop and the headaches went away.

I pride myself in cooking and baking using as many natural, unprocessed ingredients as I can. I understand the need to add chemicals to preserve foods, but I have always believed that those same chemicals are what are causing cancers. Very few people process their own food any more (canning, freezing, smoke curing, etc), and very few people escape cancer any more as well. I sometimes think we are our own worst enemy.

Last edited:

Lia

Banned

The good news is the cure for Artificial Sweetener Disease is absolutely free and involves no doctor, no health insurance co-pays, and has zero side effects. Here is the secret cure for ASD: throw away your sugar free gum and candy, and then trash all foods and drinks you have that are labeled "light" and "zero." Read the labels on everything, so you can filter out all artificial sweeteners from your products, including aspartame, sucralose, sorbitol, acesulfame-k, aspartic acid, and saccharine.

Absolutely!

I can remember me and my brother having headaches as a pre-teens in the early 60's. We were taken to the pediatrician and when he found out that my mother switched from good old fashioned pop over to Diet-Rite Cola (we were little "chunkers"), he said to "Pour that shit down the drain." Mom got rid of the diet pop and the headaches went away.

Sensible Physician. Despite what people think, they are few and far between.

luvs, milk and some milk products cause the same symptoms with me. I stopped drinking it and the symptoms completely disappeared.

If only more folk cooked from basics, with fresh foods instead of processed rubbish, we'd all be a lot healthier.

Legistration needs to be stricter, and food industries should be regularly inspected and called to account for all the additives, etc.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Legislation needs to be stricter, and food industries should be regularly inspected and called to account for all the additives, etc.
Legislation is not the problem. The problem are the legislators who have no backbone, balls, intestinal fortitude, gumption, chutzpah, courage, etc., to make decisions based on good science and not to pander to the special interest groups who get them elected. On their own, very few politicians (if any at all) have what it takes to get elected. Simply put, they are the bottom of the barrel of choices we have, and quite frankly are not very bright, in spite of their pedigree. They sell their soul to the highest bidder, and then become their lap dog for 4-6 years, and to hell with the constituency that they are supposed to represent. In the process, people suffer and die because of bad decisions made and bad legislation passed.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
regardless, artificial sweetener is not gonna be the end for the entire population & bring on ails for each person that ingests it.

i agree that sensitivities/allergies exist. some people can't have nuts; others, eggs, some, shellfish, others soy. nomatter how pure the food, ther're risks, tho. when i was a tot, food allergies & food sensitivies barely existed. there was 1 kiddo in the entirety of my of schooling that couldn't drink milk & that was it. now it's so rampant that some foods cannot be brought into the building. it is of my opinion that shielding ourselves & offspring from 'dangerous' & 'unhealthy' foods excessivly leads to sensitivities & allerigies, much as the overuse of some antibiotics has made them pretty much ineffective.

jev, i cook from scratch as often as is feasible, using fresh, unprocessed foods as i love to create meals for my happiness & health, tho won't get excessive w/ it. we used molecular gastronomy techniques in culinary school, so that involved chemicals. the student population has thrived 'jus the same.

it is also of my opinion that balance is essential to well-being.

SShepherd

do some research on artificial sweeteners. Personally, I think people should quit drining ALL soft drinks, they should be the exception not the norm in a persons diet- I'm talking maybe monthly, not every day for every meal.
Lets get real, all it is is sugar (or chemicals) and water. Empty calories.

Headaches: One study confirmed that individuals with self-reported headaches after the ingestion of aspartame were in deed susceptible to headaches due to aspartame. Three randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled studies with more than 200 adult migraine sufferers showed that headaches were more frequent and more severe in the aspartame-treated group.
Depression: In a study of the effect of aspartame on 40 patients with depression, the study was cut short due to the severity of reactions within the first 13 patients tested. The outcome showed that individuals with mood disorders were particularly sensitive to aspartame and recommended that it be avoided by them.
Cancer: In an initial study, 12 rats out of 320 developed malignant brain tumors after receiving aspartame in an FDA trial. There have been other studies to both support and contradict this finding. A recent study, conducted by Italian and French researchers indicates there is no association between low-calorie sweeteners and cancer. The researchers evaluated a variety of studies between the years of 1991 and 2004. These studies assessed the relationship between low-calorie sweeteners and many cancers, including oral and pharynx, esophagus, colon, rectum, larynx, breast, ovary, prostate, and renal cell carcinomas. The researchers examined the eating habits of more than 7,000 men and women in their middle ages (mainly 55 years and over). Based on the data evaluated, there was no evidence that saccharin or other sweeteners (mainly aspartame) increase the risk of cancer at several common sites in humans. The debate continues while more research is conducted.
Increased hunger: A study done with 14 dieters comparing the effects of aspartame-sweetened and sucrose-sweetened soft drinks on food intake and appetite ratings found that substituting diet drinks for sucrose-sweetened ones did not reduce total calorie intake and may even have resulted in a higher intake on subsequent days. In another study of 42 males given aspartame in diet lemonade versus sucrose-sweetened lemonade, there was no increase in hunger ratings or food intake with the diet group. Weight loss results from consuming fewer calories than your body needs. When you replace a caloric beverage with a noncaloric beverage, you will be saving calories and could lose weight if it is enough calories to put you in a negative balance. For aspartame to increase weight, there would have to be something else going on. There is not enough research to determine if something does exist so the jury is still out on this one.

http://www.medicinenet.com/artificial_sweeteners/page8.htm

SShepherd

Sucralose: What are the cons?

The most misunderstood fact about sucralose is that it is nothing like sugar even though the marketing implies that it is. Sucralose was actually discovered while trying to create a new insecticide. It may have started out as sugar, but the final product is anything but sugar. According to the book Sweet Deception, sucralose is made when sugar is treated with trityl chloride, acetic anhydride, hydrogen chlorine, thionyl chloride, and methanol in the presence of dimethylformamide, 4-methylmorpholine, toluene, methyl isobutyl ketone, acetic acid, benzyltriethlyammonium chloride, and sodium methoxide, making it unlike anything found in nature. If you read the fine print on the Splenda web site, it states that "although sucralose has a structure like sugar and a sugar-like taste, it is not natural."

The name sucralose is misleading. The suffix -ose is used to name sugars, not additives. Sucralose sounds very close to sucrose, table sugar, and can be confusing for consumers. A more accurate name for the structure of sucralose was purposed. The name would have been trichlorogalactosucrose, but the FDA did not believe that it was necessary to use this so sucralose was allowed.
The presence of chlorine is thought to be the most dangerous component of sucralose. Chlorine is considered a carcinogen and has been used in poisonous gas, disinfectants, pesticides, and plastics. The digestion and absorption of sucralose is not clear due to a lack of long-term studies on humans. The majority of studies were done on animals for short lengths of time. The alleged symptoms associated with sucralose are gastrointestinal problems (bloating, gas, diarrhea, nausea), skin irritations (rash, hives, redness, itching, swelling), wheezing, cough, runny nose, chest pains, palpitations, anxiety, anger, moods swings, depression, and itchy eyes. The only way to be sure of the safety of sucralose is to have long-term studies on humans done.
Splenda is a product that contains the artificial sweetener sucralose, but that is not all that it contains. Sucralose does have calories, but because it is 600 times sweeter than sugar, very small amounts are needed to achieve the desired sweetness so you most likely won't consume enough to get any calories. The other two ingredients in Splenda are dextrose and maltodextrin, which are used to increase bulk and are carbohydrates that do have calories. One cup of Splenda contains 96 calories and 32 grams of carbohydrates, which is often unnoticed due to the label claiming that it's a no calorie sweetener. Because this is found in so many products and can be used in cooking, it can be possible to consume 1 cup or more each day. For people with diabetes, this is a significant amount of carbohydrates, and for people who are watching their weight, this can be a problem. Consuming an additional 100 calories a day can result in a weight gain of 10 lbs. per year!
A recent study found that Splenda affected the absorption of medications in rats. The rats were given sucralose at doses of 1.1-11 mg/kg. After 12-weeks, they found that the rats had half of the good bacteria in the gut. They also found that Splenda interferes with the absorption of prescription medications. Other research studies have come out to show that this is not what happens. The only way to know for sure is to perform long-term studies in humans. Unfortunately, this takes time. It can also be dangerous if this is actually happening. The limited number of studies and lack of long-term studies on sucralose means that we are going to have to learn things like this as we go.

http://www.medicinenet.com/artificial_sweeteners/page9.htm

SShepherd

Acesulfame K: What are the cons?

The problems surrounding acesulfame K are based on the improper testing and lack of long-term studies. Acesulfame K contains the carcinogen methylene chloride. Long-term exposure to methylene chloride can cause headaches, depression, nausea, mental confusion, liver effects, kidney effects, visual disturbances, and cancer in humans. There has been a great deal of opposition to the use of acesulfame K without further testing, but at this time, the FDA has not required that these tests be done.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i drink at least a case, often a case-&-a-half of pop a day. otherwise i'd be so thin i'd blow away. (high metabolism & that)

& sorry to say, studies in humans aren't so very accurate as you'd think; i'm often recruited for them, & when we get to the paper portion, it's so monotous we check any box to get it over with. during the researchers' verbal interviews, i'm thinking we must give give very different responses that don't align w/ the written ones. the most controlled studies can be botched & the numbers & percentages wrong.

Last edited:

SShepherd

i drink at least a case, often a case-&-a-half of pop a day. otherwise i'd be so thin i'd blow away. (high metabolism & that)

& sorry to say, studies in humans aren't so very accurate as you'd think; i'm often recruited for them, & when we get to the paper portion, it's so monotous we check any box to get it over with. during the researchers' verbal interviews, i'm thinking we must give give very different responses that don't align w/ the written ones. the most controlled studies can be botched & the numbers & percentages wrong.

rather sounds like your addicted....just sayin. Drinking sugar water is not the way to keep weight on- especially "diet" soft drinks.

there's been no long term studies on any of the artificial sweeteners- yet people defend them. Personally, I don't want that garbage in my body and if others knew they wouldn't either.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
rather sounds like your addicted....just sayin. Drinking sugar water is not the way to keep weight on- especially "diet" soft drinks.

there's been no long term studies on any of the artificial sweeteners- yet people defend them. Personally, I don't want that garbage in my body and if others knew they wouldn't either.

Thanks for posting this very important topic.

Mother nature does not liketo be fooled with. This artificial sweetener thingis one of those"foolin'" things for which she will retaliate badly.
There is a need for non sugar sweeteners to some degree or diabetics but curisously, Aspertame and other "safe" sweeteners may just be the indirect cause of the rise in diabetes.

I quit a high profile corporate job, in part, over the use of aspertame in our products. Because it weighed so much less than suger in our powdered drink mixes,the freight savings justified poisoning our consumers with the stuff. I would have no part of it.

This is about economics as much as it is diet and health. Consumers should get the truth and make purchasing descisions accordingly. But first rule of thinking should always be that the FDA is not our friend or protector. Once again an well intentioned government program gone to the Corporatists progressives.

And if a conservative administration raises questions or objections, they are accused of wanting to poison the air, water, and choke our children. Meanwhile we mandate poisoning them with aspertame laden school lunches. All FDA and USDA approved.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I remember when Equal/ aspartame first came on the scene.
Back then I was a drinker of soft drinks (don't care for them at all now) and chose diet sodas.
Drinking 2-3 Cokes a day for several months and I got blinding headaches, and a tingly sensation on one side of my scalp.
My doctor chalked it up the the aspartame.
Course, now they claim it's safe.
I won't take any chances.
I use sugar to sweeten my coffee and tea, and very little at that.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i can't drink diet pop, for 1. i drink regular pop. secondly, there isn't caffeine in it. so where's the addiction....... i also drink ensure, nutren, milk- whole, 1%, 2%, & skim, soy, almond, rice, aseptically packaged organic-.......; i also drink h2o, sparkling h2o, fruit & low-sodium veggie juices, etc
i maintain a rather balanced & healthy diet w/ actual food. if u read my other posts in this thread, you'd see i can't have fake sugar. it irritates my stomach. i have a very high metabolism, & need these beverages. i, unlike ohhhh too many, don't take pleasure in shoveling in vast amounts of food shoved @ me by grumpy teens manning fast-food windows. i like to maintain a comfort level that is tolerable w/in my guts, & fluids, they're an easy way to achieve this.
u know very few things 'bout me, like the fact that @ this point 2 docs, both specialists w/ @ least 12 years of education have advised me to get many calories in in any way feasible. so i took that advice

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I remember when Equal/ aspartame first came on the scene.
Back then I was a drinker of soft drinks (don't care for them at all now) and chose diet sodas.
Drinking 2-3 Cokes a day for several months and I got blinding headaches, and a tingly sensation on one side of my scalp.
My doctor chalked it up the the aspartame.
Course, now they claim it's safe.
I won't take any chances.
I use sugar to sweeten my coffee and tea, and very little at that.

You were right to get off the aspertame..
Aspertame, when stored at temperatures above 90 Degrees F changes to a form of Methanol.

Aspertame in pure form is a deadly poison. It is also a known cause of acute respiratory problems, inluding asthma.

Name a natural sugar source, including Fructose, that can make that claim.

SShepherd

if you don't drink "diet" or use artificial sweeteners then I'm not sure how anything I posted applies to you.
I quit all fast food 3 years ago..yup..ALL of it. (except taco bell, I eat it on the way home after a long flight- it has excellent laxitive effects)
I found it odd, I tried it 12 months after I quit and the yummy flavor I rememberd had been replaced with crap!
I quit ALL soft drinks 2 years ago, no only benause of the empty calories but because of the chems. Ice tea or water for me with meals now.
For those interested:
A regular Coke, 20oz., has 240 calories.
other things with 240 calories;

Doughnut, raised, Boston kreme, Dunkin Donuts, 1
French Fries, sml, Burger King 1
Pie, snack, apple, McDonald's 1
Dish, biscuit, w/spread, McDonald's 1
Fried Chicken, breast, fillet, breaded, Chik-Fil-A 1

Grilled Skinless Chicken Breast

4oz. 120calories.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
it applies as it interested me & there is freedom of speech, last i checked. i am 'entitled', if you so allow, as i actually refuse to ingest sugarless foods, now. no one said i disagree; i disagree, though, w/ some of the article excerpts, or pieces of them. & my opinion is my opinion & i'm allowed to express it.. i used to only ingest sugarless/lo-fat/no fat years ago, sans issues w/ it. i was okay.

& please don't inadvertantly lecture me on kCAls. i know them nearly as well as i know my own Mom. i need them. doctors' & dieticians orders. & for the record, i despise aspartame & find it to be bitter & cloying

SShepherd

chill out, I'm not "lectureing YOU" on anything.........
i disagree, though, w/ some of the article excerpts, or pieces of them
if you disagree, show me your proof

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Count me as a skeptic to. Millions of people have been drinking diet soda's for 40+ years. Perhaps it has those affects on a small percentage but I doubt if it is much more than that. I'm not sure of this and I do not have proof, I simply choose to take the article with a grain of salt.

I have seen studies where potatoes have been shown to cause cancer in mice. The amount of potatoes they fed them for this test was 100's time more than any normal human would ingest. Still the conclusion of the article was that potatoes cause cancer. I still eat potatoes. However, I do not doubt that gouging yourself on any particular food could cause cancer .... but I also think that breathing can cause cancer. A necessary evil but still I choose to breath.

SShepherd

Well Doc, it's your body- you have every right to do with it as you please. i just think people should be informed as to what their actually putting in their facehole.

I'm trying to do my best to cut out everything "hydrogenated", which is more difficult than artificial sweeteners.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
BTW, you ever get any of the coca cola from mexico made with cane sugar?
Yes. I also have purchased Sprite Hechado En Mexico right here in town. It cost a buck a bottle but is made with cane sugar. Since I seldom drink any pop I find it worth every cent.

A Pepsi purchased on Barbadoes or St Vincent, Virgin Islands tastes like they did in the fifties.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Well Doc, it's your body- you have every right to do with it as you please. i just think people should be informed as to what their actually putting in their facehole.

I'm trying to do my best to cut out everything "hydrogenated", which is more difficult than artificial sweeteners.

I always paid extra for Butter. Even when we were broke. Hydrogenated Margarine has turned out to be the evil bad apple I always suspected. it is never found on my table.

Corn Fructose, hydrogenated oils, casein Modified food starch, MSG and its various cousins, none are natural and none are good for you.

Margerine wasoriginaly invented to overfeed geese for Faux gras. The geese died but, Napoleon found it a useful substitute for the troops.
Whoops!
And we all thought it was British strategies at Waterloo.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
My migraine headaches went away the day I retired. Any coincidence there? LOL. I eat and drink (non alcoholic) pretty much what I want in moderation. I believe that is the key, moderation. Now that's a word i never understood in my younger years. :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes. I also have purchased Sprite Hechado En Mexico right here in town. It cost a buck a bottle but is made with cane sugar. Since I seldom drink any pop I find it worth every cent.

A Pepsi purchased on Barbadoes or St Vincent, Virgin Islands tastes like they did in the fifties.
Throwback Pepsi is made with real sugar, just like it was back in the day.
I tried a can once and don't recall the flavour as being any different than what you can get otherwise with the high fructose corn syrup- but perhaps that's just because I am not a soda fan.

Oh and Franc, yes.. butter or nothing.:smile:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

I saw a sign at the supermarket the other day. It was advertising MEXICAN COKE! Hell, I didn't think that stuff was legal north of the border. :yum:

SShepherd

I always paid extra for Butter. Even when we were broke. Hydrogenated Margarine has turned out to be the evil bad apple I always suspected. it is never found on my table.

Corn Fructose, hydrogenated oils, casein Modified food starch, MSG and its various cousins, none are natural and none are good for you.

Margerine wasoriginaly invented to overfeed geese for Faux gras. The geese died but, Napoleon found it a useful substitute for the troops.
Whoops!
And we all thought it was British strategies at Waterloo.

lol, well I'm not that old but it did taste like I remember when it was still in glass bottles in the 70's.

You mention casein mod food starch, thats not the same as MSG ?

I drink casein as a protien suppliment between meals.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
chill out, I'm not "lectureing YOU" on anything.........
i disagree, though, w/ some of the article excerpts, or pieces of them
if you disagree, show me your proof

oh, geez....... listen, you ingest the foods you prefer, & i'll ingest the foods i prefer. how 'bout that.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
lol, well I'm not that old but it did taste like I remember when it was still in glass bottles in the 70's.

You mention casein mod food starch, thats not the same as MSG ?

I drink casein as a protien suppliment between meals.

No not the same. MSG is a food additive that has no nutritional value. it adds no actual spice or flavor but instead, tricks your brain into thinking something is pleasuarable;, ie, tastes better.

It is hard on your nerveous systemand one in ten people are alklergicf to it.More than peanuts.
It cand be found in such ingredients, but not always, Sodium caseinate (a casein yes but as just a component of it).

Other very common products which likely have it,
Hydrolized Protein
Autolyzed yeast
Sometimnes it is found in
Carregeenan

Years ago, she used to edit the monthly Anti MSG newsletter. Scary stuff MSG.
From such sources it sounds even worse.

Food Additives that ALWAYS contain MSG :
Monosodium Glutamate, Autolyzed Yeast, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Hydrolyzed Protein, Hydrolyzed Plant Protein, Plant Protein Extract, Sodium Caseinate, Calcium Caseinate, Yeast Extract, Textured Protein (Including TVP), Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Corn Oil
Food Additives That FREQUENTLY Contain MSG:
Malt Extract, Malt Flavoring, Bouillon, Broth, Stock Flavoring, Natural Flavors/Flavoring, Natural Beef Or Chicken Flavoring, Seasoning, Spices, Maltodextrin and Whey Protein
Food Additives That MAY Contain MSG:
Carrageenan, Enzymes, Soy Protein Isolate, Soy Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Concentrate You need to ask yourself, if MSG is so safe why is it listed/hidden under so many names?

Read more: http://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/msg-reaction.html#ixzz1gNatETws

MSG is almost never found in Oriental foods, strangely enough. It is the active ingredient in "Accent"

MSG in some form may be found in all powdered Coffee non dairycreamers and virtually all whipping creams.
Some brands of Half and Half contain it.

Be wary as your body builds a gradual resistance to it. I would checkyour ingredient label on the casein supplement.

MSG cannot be found in any product label "organic" But that doesn't mean it isn't there.

MSG is a main ingredient in some pesticides used on leafy green vegetables. Technicaly, according tio the FDO,it isn't there. But is it?

My wife is violently allergic to MSG. It is why we must be careful what restaurants we visit. It is why I always cook from scratch.

But the FDA says it is OK. And so everyday our kids get a belly ful of it in their school lunches.