• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What Happened to PG

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I know she was having some medical problems but she has not logged in now since the 21st. This is so unlike her. Has anybody heard from her?

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I heard she flipped and is being held on suspicion of attempted Teddy Murder :yum::yum::yum:

Attachments

• mad_nuse.jpg
    mad_nuse.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 229

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
She was having gall blader issues. Strange we have not heard anything from her though.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Could be she ended up getting surgery. Nurses wait till it is bad before they go for help. Hope she is doing OK!

mak2

PG is my very favorite internet person (sorry guys). If we have to go find her, Im in.

Alonzo Tubbs

Carpe Diem
SUPER Site Supporter
I put in a call to her this afternoon and left a message asking for a call back. If she calls, I'll keep everyone posted. If she calls someone else first, I'd appreciate the same consideration.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Bobcat reached PG's family and learned the following:
Gall bladder coming out on Friday. I will have her hospital address and room number soon so we can send stuff. Then we can fill the place with flowers and stuffed animals. :thumb:

I will post more as I learn more.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think you hit on it Grizzler ...your avatar put her over the top. Now she needs gallbladder surgery.
Good thoughts and prayers coming your way PG.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Let us know if one person can coordinate this effort, and we can PayPal money to him/her. If we get too much money PG can choose a cause to donate the balance to. Keep in mind there is a finite amount of space in a hospital room, and that PG will have to haul everything out of there when discharged. Put me down for $20 and a batch of these guys...

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I think Loralei developed gallbladder pancreatitis. The gallbladder and pancreas share a common drainage duct and obstruction will cause a back up of pancreatic enzymes which then leads to inflammation of the pancreas. I imagine our PG has been quite ill. To rest the pancreas, patients are given IV fluids and are not able to eat for between 3 and 7 days...sometimes longer. I imagine she is sleeping a lot and getting some good pain meds. I hope we get an update, soon. That pancreatitis can be a tricky business. Hopefully, her treatment was initiated early in the flare up, surgery will proceed on Friday and our PG will be home by the first of next week. I'll be glad to coordinate the group effort. JEV, NO PECAN STICKY BUNS!!!!!!! Nurses orders!

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I just talked to our PG. She sounds wonderful! She got to eat real food....em correction....chewable hospital food, this morning. Gallbladder surgery is scheduled tomorrow between 11 and 12 and doc says there is a good possibility she will be home tomorrow afternoon/evening. She sends her love, says she misses you all very much (the lady needs a laptop!) and she thanks you for your concern, thoughts and prayers. To Bobcat she sends special love and thanks.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the update CG. :thumb: :tiphat:

Yep, she does need a laptop. Hospitals should provide one as they are therapeutic ....at least it was for me when I spent my time in the hospital.

I have to admit the two meals I ate while in the hospital were darn good.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You have to be in over a month and they get real nice about food. I got a personal call every day asking what I wanted for the meals. They sent a bed time sandwich or snack every night as well. Just ate there the other day when I was in for stress tests and echocardiograms. You get used to there way of cooking things and use a lot of Mrs Dash to flavor it!:whistling:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The hospital that is the closest to me has a Wendy's and a Tim Horton's on the ground floor. My wife has been known to smuggle me some food now and then. :brows:

But in reality, the cafeteria food there is excellent. So I was never displeased when it came to meal time there.

But I hope she is doing ok and will back with us soon.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
JEV, NO PECAN STICKY BUNS!!!!!!! Nurses orders!
Ok, already. Sheesh, you CC nurses sure are party poopers. PG has had my Pecan Sticky Buns before, and, to use her words, "Joe, I love your sticky buns.":shock::shock::yum:

I will still make a batch for her, but will wait to hear when she is able to enjoy them.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
PG may be able to go home tomorrow afternoon or as late as Saturday morning. But here's her info at the hospital

St. Rita's Medical Center
730 W. Market St
Lima, Ohio 45801
Phone: (419) 227-3361
Rm 8A12, Loralae

Overnight shipping might get there in time, but even if she's discharged, it may get to her eventually. My recommendation now is to wait until she gets back home, but that's just me.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
All my Love and best wishes to my Favorite girl....can someone thats in contact give PG all my Love from the UK i know she as the UK bond and i would love her to know that.

Thanks to all that are keeping us all updated.:wink:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well Galvi and all,I just spoke with the lovely lady and she is doing much better. She is hoping to have her gallbladder removed late tomorrow morning and should be home later that night or Saturday. She seems in good spirits and thanks everyone for their concerns.:clap:

Alonzo Tubbs

Carpe Diem
SUPER Site Supporter
Well Mule, you beat me to it. I just got off the phone with her and you're right. She's in high spirits and out of pain but I told her I was going to lie and tell everyone she's sufferin' terribly; feeling neglected by her internet freinds, worried about her dog since no one loves her enough to take care of her and throw a few more lies on to insure tons of flowers when she gets home. She was laughing that beautiful laugh of hers and seems to be enjoying the calls she's recieved. She'll be watching TCM tonight and sufferin' through a turkey sandwich. It set my mind at ease to hear her laugh.

She sends her love to her internet family along with her thanks for all the concern. As others have stated, she hopes to be home tomorrow.

Lem Foutes is happy.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for calling and filling us all in guys!!!!! :tiphat: Reps to you all. :D

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Aaarghh, that pirate wench be gettin bet'r me hopes. She be a tough wench, she be. Me be guessin' all will be well, or her doc be walkin then plank at sunrise.AArgh.

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Our PG may be in surgery at this very moment. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Called to see how she was doing and the operation appears to be good and she was resting but in good spirts. May not be going home today, but tomorrow sometime.

Hope that all is well and heals quickly...