• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Looking for parts to revive a Bombadier 250S Skidozer

horncreekdoc

I have recently taken a maintence position at a non-profit conference center in the South Central Rockies in CO. They have an old snow cat that has been sitting in the weeds for a couple of years. I started working on it and was pleasantly suprised that it started pretty easily. I managed to get it into the shop (barely - the steering stunk) and started stripping it down to see how it was mechanically.
The front of the differential case leaked like a sieve, leaking out the fluid and letting some water in. I pulled the differential and fortunately, it looked in pretty good shape with sime minor rust and pitting. However, when I pulled the tracks off, the drivers side drive sprocket flopped around like a wet fish. Evidently, the bearings toasted some time ago and it ran quite awhile like that. The sprocket & hub are ok but the end of the axel housing is ruined. The tracks are aluminum and the cleats have worn to the point that most of them have split in half.
What I'm looking for is a good used axel housing, a place to buy all the bearings and seals, a set of steering brakebands and some replacement cleats for the track.
Here are some specfics on the snow cat.
72-74?? Bombadier 250S 2-person cab skidozer with 10' blade
model # SV - 74
Serial # SV250S-484
differential casing stamped 74D3
41" aluminum tracks Ford 300 engine with C-6 tranny

If anyone out there has any advice or some parts to spare. I would be grateful. Being a real motorhead, I would really like to see this thing run again. I do have a parts book from 1972 that I have used to identify parts and numbers and have made a list of parts I need for this machine if someone is interested. The camp is not exactly flush with cash, but I would like to see what I can do before giving up on it.
One last thing, it seems to have a cooler and circulating pump for the differential fluid but I have no diagram of where the in and out hoses attach to the differential. If anyone has insight on this unit it would be great. Thanks!