• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Toons For The Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know, it's supposed to be funny but the truth is: Huge difference. One is forced by men to be covered up ..the other can wear whatever she chooses. It's up to her.

Attachments

• EverythingCoveredButHerEyes.jpg
    EverythingCoveredButHerEyes.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 59

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
AMERICANS DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT.
:hammer::hammer::hammer:
When is Hollywood gonna get it?????
:unsure:
For some reason I liked the original Murphy Brown sitcom. So I DVR'd the new Murphy Brown show. I watched 5 minutes before stopping and deleting the series from my DVR. I'm glad it was canceled so quickly. It was full of left leaning propaganda. It sucked.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
For some reason I liked the original Murphy Brown sitcom. So I DVR'd the new Murphy Brown show. I watched 5 minutes before stopping and deleting the series from my DVR. I'm glad it was canceled so quickly. It was full of left leaning propaganda. It sucked.
The acting was awful. Cardboard two dimensional characters. SNL skits had better lines delivered with more talent and authenticity.

Bamby

Qu9BAIt.jpg

Bamby

University Trains Staff To Stop Shooters With Hockey Pucks

Faculty members at Oakland University in suburban Detroit have received hockey pucks and are being trained to use them to thwart active shooters.

The faculty union also is working with student groups to distribute an additional 1,700 pucks to students.

In possibly related news, Oakland University has sent a letter to all area sporting goods stores requesting they stop the sales of hockey goalie masks.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
2hT9DkW.jpg

Haft to question fact or fiction on these figures... These are some mighty high taxes.....

I can't say for the others on the list but the 47% stated for England is the maximum tax rate on earnings over 150K pounds. I believe that the lowest tax rate is 20% but the threashhold is pretty low, about 12K pounds, and increases quickly. Also remember that National Insurance (Soc Sec) accounts for an additional 12% of your paycheck.

Yes, VAT is 20% and is levied on almost everything. There are a few exceptions. It's not just a consumer tax but also a supplier tax. When you buy something you don't just pay the 20% as an end user. You're also paying the 20% that the retailer had to pay for it, the 20% that the distributer had to pay, the 20% that the manufacturer had to pay for the materials and so on. The end result is that you, the consumer, pay a darned sight more than 20% VAT because you are picking up the VAT for every step of the retail and manufacturing process.

And yes, petrol (gas) is $6 a gallon but that may be for an Imperial gallon which is larger than a US gallon.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I can't say for the others on the list but the 47% stated for England is the maximum tax rate on earnings over 150K pounds. I believe that the lowest tax rate is 20% but the threashhold is pretty low, about 12K pounds, and increases quickly. Also remember that National Insurance (Soc Sec) accounts for an additional 12% of your paycheck.

Yes, VAT is 20% and is levied on almost everything. There are a few exceptions. It's not just a consumer tax but also a supplier tax. When you buy something you don't just pay the 20% as an end user. You're also paying the 20% that the retailer had to pay for it, the 20% that the distributer had to pay, the 20% that the manufacturer had to pay for the materials and so on. The end result is that you, the consumer, pay a darned sight more than 20% VAT because you are picking up the VAT for every step of the retail and manufacturing process.

And yes, petrol (gas) is $6 a gallon but that may be for an Imperial gallon which is larger than a US gallon.

Petrol is $6 per gallon as converted from litres. The cost of crude is the same as here so the difference is entirely TAXES!:hammer:

Somewhere here on the forum, a joke was posted.;
The mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free."

Perhaps some of the French mice have started to catch on.:unsure:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is the mice meme Franc ...so folks don't have to go looking for it.

Attachments

• MiceDieIn.JPG
    MiceDieIn.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 121

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ocasio Cortez choice for Speaker of the House.

Attachments

• OcasioCortezPickForSpeaker.jpg
    OcasioCortezPickForSpeaker.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 111

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Mueller Investigation . . .

Attachments

• 051D77B8-0FDE-4504-A711-DF80BB803267.jpeg
    051D77B8-0FDE-4504-A711-DF80BB803267.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 115