• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Drive Sprocket Rebuild

IMP

Site Supporter
Snowcat Operations got me all excited about getting my 1404IMP drive sprockets rebuilt sooner rather than later. Does anyone know a better or less expensive place to go besides FALLLINE? Or even a business/person that contributes to this forum that I could patronize, that can do the job?

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Out of curiosity what was the quote per sprocket by Fallline?

Folks,
Chris at Fallline quoted me $315 each a few months back. Not many urethane coaters out there. Mike is right about value over time, spend the dough to those that do it best.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
30 years at $800 it works out to less than $27 a year. Thats why when I see a cat with bad tires or drive sprockets I cringe. These items are critical to keeping your tracks on and getting you back home alive! I would have them vulcanized. Get new tires and have them all foam filled. Yes it gives you a bit of a rougher ride but not that much and they wont go flat. I have and have seen tires that are foam filled and the tires were so old they just came apart. but the foam or rubber injected into the tire was now the tire and they still got home no problems and could probrably still use it as a tire but I wouldnt reccomend that. Anyway the tires on my Snow Master are all foam filled and have never given me a problem. The tires on my Super Pimp are foam filled and wont give me any headaches. Any vehicle I get I will have the tires foam filled period. If the drive sprockets are bad I will get replacements or have them rebuilt. Call around the diffrent Snowcat yards and see if they have a set (PM BOGGIE and see if he has a set). If there in good shape and cost less buy them and then when you can send you old ones out and get them re-vulcanized. Get all new tires as well (the ones for my Swamp Spryte are $24.00 bucks each times 8 is under $200! CHEAP). If you can afford the foam injected (rubber compound) then get all new inner tubes and get two foam filled at a time untill all are done. Usually the two front boggies get the most abuse and go flat first (usually). The other problem is people just jump into there Snowcat and act like its a car and just blaze a trail into the great white unknown and never bothered to check and see that YUP those 3 tires are really low. and then they get flats, destroy the rims and detrack miles away from no where! Do your P.Ms before you take off. ok rant over.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
What about checking with are FF member "Boggie" . I think his company rebuilds them .

Briarpatch

There's a place here in Denver that does sprockets, belts, etc. It is called Okners supply. The phone number is 800-294-3579. I have had mine done there over the last several years for the Tucker. The Tucker 7 point sprocket was 175.00. Hope this helps.

Briarpatch

IMP

Site Supporter
Okners wanted $305. and Fallline was $324 to rebuild my 12 tooth Imp sprocket. So they were pretty close. Thanks for your responding

Snowcat Pat

IMP has two that need recovered, wannagoflying has two also , and I have two. Thats six 1200-A sprockets that might be combined in one order. Would that bring the price per unit down a little? I have two more I could have done for a total of eight on the order if if it helped to bring the price down further. Just a thought...
Boggie, would you care to bid?
-Pat

Snowcat Pat

I borrowed bobpierce's photo. It shows an Imp WT with 5 bolt aluminum 12 tooth sprocket. Is that sprocket otherwise identical to the steel 1200-A sprocket?
-Pat

attachment.php

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Snowcat Pat count me in if you can make that deal work

Sorry just noticed this post and someone had asked for price on the Imp sprockets If intrested and someone said they could pool together around 12
cores to have covered price without delivery 250.00 each made from the same polyurethane as the picture of the Bombi sprocket.

Let us know

Attachments

• Bombi poly sprocket.jpg
    Bombi poly sprocket.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 661

IMP

Site Supporter
Sorry Boggie I would have gone with you but I already sent my sprockets in to Okners for $305. Check your messages occasionally. I sent you a PM about sprockets a few weeks ago. Maybe next time we can make it happen.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry Boggie I would have gone with you but I already sent my sprockets in to Okners for $305. Check your messages occasionally. I sent you a PM about sprockets a few weeks ago. Maybe next time we can make it happen.

Thats fine that was not a profit center quote for us by no means
just trying to help out :thumb: