• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

grooming combs replacement issue

martinf

Hey all,
I'm replacing the urethane combs on the tiller that's attached to our LMC 1800. We got them from Fall line. Anyways, the attachment strategy is something I've never seen before. There is a thin stainless steel strip that goes over the urethane and its held in place by an aluminum pop rivet that goes thru a hole in both the stainless steel strip and the urethane comb.

Pretty straightforward up to this point. But the pop rivet doesn'tgo thru a hole in the frame of the tiller. It gdoes into a steel tube 1/4" dia and 1" long that is pressfit into the tiller frame. I'm guessing the strategy is to avoid having a screw head that gets worn down and then you ccan'tput a screwbit on it to get it out. So instead you drill out this aluminum pop rivet and replace the comb and then install with new pop rivets.
Has anybody seen this before? Any thoughts or advice about it?