• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

OH BOY ! I get to have HI speed internet !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Been waiting for many years for it to become avalible at my place in Calif . WE have been on Dial up and it has stopped me from viewing little more than text here on FF . Toward the end of next week they should have me up and running . About time . :wink:

D

darroll

Big Al,

I".............l..................... T.................y.......................p.......................e
r......................e.............................a....................l...l.............y s...............
l............................o...........................w..................
You will not miss a thing now.
Then you can spend month's trying to figure out windows live. (If it comes with your package)

:huh:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats Al. You are going to like it. :thumb: I was just 6 months ahead of you and I'm spoiled already. :D

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Been waiting for many years for it to become avalible at my place in Calif . WE have been on Dial up and it has stopped me from viewing little more than text here on FF . Toward the end of next week they should have me up and running . About time . :wink:
Cool, then you can try to keep up with me in the threads..:brows::boxing::applause::rolf2:
You'll love it Al.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
One serious drawback to highspeed: if you ever have to use dial-up again, you'll think they took away your drivers license and gave you a tricycle with flat tires and rusty bearings!

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Keep in mind the cell phone, G3 idea.

I now have a (fairly) high speed connection, at least compared to dial up. :hammer:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have a cell phone tower connection. It is only a 256k line and it sucks. I also have a cell phone G3 but doesn't have reception at my house otherwise I would use it all the time cause it is fairly fast.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
PG are you on cable?

I have 1.5mbs service here in town and surprisingly, out at the ranch as well.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep Chris, I am.
There's a connection speed test thread here somewhere.
why, ya gonna tell me you're faster?:hide:

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
No, simply that 1.5mbs is sufficient to call it high speed. I don't have a need for faster.

It's my understanding that most cable is 6mbs, and in Japan 1000mbs is standard in the cities.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
No, simply that 1.5mbs is sufficient to call it high speed. I don't have a need for faster.

It's my understanding that most cable is 6mbs, and in Japan 1000mbs is standard in the cities.
Thank you, oh wise one.
I did sign up for a month of Road Runner Turbo with power boost.
This thing flew, but I've never had a problem with speed connection prior to that, so I am back to the normal RR connection.
Suits me just fine ;)

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten

Chris you are right. DSL in most areas is limited to 1.5mbs but is opening up to 7.0 in certain areas.