• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Gave myself a concussion.

loboloco

I was bending some metal the old fashioned way, hammer and vise, and placed the metal in the vise so that the strike pressure was straight up, and didn't tighten the vise as tightly as I should. Used a six lb 'smith' hammer to hit the end and predictably, the steel came out of the vise and tapped me on the side of the head just above and back of the right eye socket.
Bled a little, but other than that was okay yesterday. stayed up until nearly midnight and had no problems other than sore at impact point. Woke up this A.M. later than usual with a head ache and jumpy stomach, and my vision is slightly off. Oh well, I knew better, but took a shortcut and it cost me.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
We've all done it, but if that headache persists you better go see a doctor. Don't mess around with head trauma. Not sure how old you are, but you just got some fatherly advice. :biggrin:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It takes just a second of stupidty to hurt oneself. Take heart in knowing, some folks spend years trying.

Glad you are OK.:flowers:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lobo,

How many fingers do I have up?

Add me to the group that's beaten themselves up over the years. Call me lucky or smart but most of the damage isn't in the cranial lobe. At least that's what I keep telling all those voices in my head.

loboloco

Thx guys, old enough to know better, TR, but I did it anyway. Yeah, if it continues past tomorrow will get it checked. Not the first time Ihave managed to wind up with a concussion.
Franc, the thing that pisses me off is I knew better. I used to smith as a hobby and knew good and d*mn well that piece wasn't properly secure. Just had a case of the stupids. My only excuse was I had been talking to democrats for about three hours immediately prior.:whistling:
Bc, can't see that far, but think its the middle one.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That sounds as painful as when I was putting chains on the backhoe and went to go to the other side and walked into the 2 ft. bucket on the back of it. Had to sit still for a while before I could stagger to the house. Snow stayed where it was till the next day.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I was bending some metal the old fashioned way, hammer and vise, and placed the metal in the vise so that the strike pressure was straight up, and didn't tighten the vise as tightly as I should. Used a six lb 'smith' hammer to hit the end and predictably, the steel came out of the vise and tapped me on the side of the head just above and back of the right eye socket.
Bled a little, but other than that was okay yesterday. stayed up until nearly midnight and had no problems other than sore at impact point. Woke up this A.M. later than usual with a head ache and jumpy stomach, and my vision is slightly off. Oh well, I knew better, but took a shortcut and it cost me.
Damn sorry to here Lobo, hope it wasn't to serious and your getting back to normal. :flowers:

loboloco

Thx CB. Yeah, my head is clear this AM and only a very slight 'distortion' in my vision. No more dizziness and my stomach is trying to rebel either. Got lucky really, another inch or two further back and it would have been truly serious as that would have been in the temple area.