• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

HUGE FIRE

Leni

It looks like it's going to be a very bad fire season.

I'm safely several miles away from the Sand fire which is in the Santa Clarita area. It's at 5,500 acres burned so far and zero containment. The fire is northeast of me but the entire sky is affected. To the north and east all I can see is smoke. The rest of the sky is a hazy brown. So far only one building has burned and one minor injury to a fireman.

It is supposed to go up to 109 today. Very bad conditions for the 300 or so firemen working the lines.

Leni

Not a problem. As I said the fire is a good 20/30 miles away from me. The problem that I will have is with the smoke. There is a smoke advisory in effect for the San Fernando and San Gabriel Valleys due to it. Stay indoors which is easy to do since it is 109 today.

Leni

Now we have two more fires both along the 5 freeway. The Sand fire has burned 60 square miles so far with 18 homes burned and one dead.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dang. I saw pics on the news of the fire. It looked horrible. Devastating. Best wishes to all in that part of the country, and thanks for keeping us posted Leni. :thumb: