• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol Imp 40K

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Not mine or anyone that I know. Interesting as we have talked about prices and how they are going up on used snow cats. This one includes the trailer and looks to be a nice Imp. Probably sold new for less than 30K but the demand for used cats has driven the pricing to new HIGHS. The seller does say or OBO. :w00t2:

00000_21AyTF9H93R_1200x900.jpg

Imp snow cat completely restored about 4 years ago and tilt bed trailer made for the snowcat. gas aux tank in back and bench seat that can be installed or removed for extra cargo. Cargo basket on top of snow cat that covers entire roof and ladder attached to back of snow cat to get to roof. top speed about 35mph. capable of towing trailers and other equipment. transmission has a slight leak. will transport to your location after a cleared payment if necessary.asking $40,000 obo please call or text me at
anytime. Thanks

http://spokane.craigslist.org/snw/5782099703.html

akmountaineer

Looks nice enough, but ouch. For that price you could get a decent Spryte, a Snow Trac, and an older Tucker and have one of each.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, I got mine at $30k, and its certainly not the "stock" but it is a SuperImp option base...

Well, I guess this 1402 got lots of love during a restoration and thats what seller believes its worth... (IMHO my is worth at least that $40k) :) but its a buyer's market in any case...

I wonder how much would it cost to actually have a build one of similar sizes from scratch just using an OC12.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
There is an aging population of snowmobilers who when they see an old cat out prowling around, that catch the "bug"..

I started riding sleds in 1968, and now I am 56. Now I get it!

That is why I have a Snow Trac ST4, plus I had the matchbox toy as a child.

Only so many machines to go around IMHO. Prices are bound to go up...

Regards, Kirk

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
did you see that Russian version like the snow trac that was posted?
http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=74155&highlight=russian

Jim, thats a production machine, I've been watching it pretty close myself.

I've got a "russian" following online that watched me build my cats here, and they have all inputted as much as they could.

this machine here is unique in its own way, but it got to prove itself first in any market (russian or us) before it gets a reputation that worth the money they are asking (unless manufacturer gets their hands into someone's pocket involved in Search/Rescue or similar).

I would consider importing one here myself before I would spend any money to actually buy one from a distributor here.