• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Senator Jay Rockefeller vs Freedom of the Press

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Senator Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia somehow believes that free speech exercised on FOX News and MSNBC makes his job harder, and in his heart of hearts he wishes the government could shut them up.

At a Senate committee hearing about television retransmission consent on Wednesday, Mr. Rockefeller spoke broadly about the ways he believes television is ailing, and in doing so he singled out the “endless barking” of cable news.

He said: “There’s a little bug inside of me which wants to get the F.C.C. to say to Fox and to MSNBC, ‘Out. Off. End. Goodbye.’ It would be a big favor to political discourse; to our ability to do our work here in Congress; and to the American people, to be able to talk with each other and have some faith in their government and, more importantly, in their future.”

Sadly for Senator Rockefeller, the FCC doesn’t have authority over cable television.

How can a Senator of the US say this? Sure if the press did not report some of the happenings in Washington their job would be easier. Duh! Easier to screw us all over and do whatever they darn well please. :bonk:

Do ya think he was drinking or on drugs when he said that? Or is he a communist at heart?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
wikipedia said:
In 1984, he was elected to the United States Senate, narrowly defeating businessman John Raese as Ronald Reagan narrowly carried the state in the presidential election. As in his 1980 gubernatorial campaign against Arch Moore, Rockefeller spent over $12 million to win a Senate seat. Rockefeller was re-elected in 1990, 1996, 2002 and 2008 by substantial margins.

Just another example of why we need term limits on these pigs.

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EMmcFcjLTM"]YouTube - Sen. John Jay Rockefeller wanting to Eliminate the Corporate MSM[/ame]

The real question is how is anyone from the Rockefeller family alive and well in politics in this day and age. This man is the great grandson of John D. Rockefeller, the founder of the Federal Reserve. A govt of the people, by the people for the people? I think not....but then, it does make perfect sense now that the words corporation and people can be interchanged...then we certainly do have a govt of the PEOPLE, by the PEOPLE and for the PEOPLE.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
They are ALL communists at heart. Neither side want to hear from the people or remotely cares about the people, they just want to control the people. If you think your representative is representing you, you live in a fantasy land. They are going to continue to push until we push back. it's just a matter of time until the SHTF.

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
They are ALL communists at heart. Neither side want to hear from the people or remotely cares about the people, they just want to control the people. If you think your representative is representing you, you live in a fantasy land. They are going to continue to push until we push back. it's just a matter of time until the SHTF.

I don't know that I concur they are communists but I agree they are not looking out for our interests. We are merely flesh and blood people, not corporate PEOPLE. When municipal bonds go bust, as was discussed in PB's Day of Reckoning thread http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=43520,
that will be the beginning. I'm wondering about all these people who moved their 401ks from the market to bonds. Probably should take response to that over to PBs thread.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
"Sadly for Senator Rockefeller, the FCC doesn’t have authority over cable television."

That line seems to me to be the key. The leeburals have been pissed since the demise of Air America due to lack of interest, the decline of national networks, and the rise of Fox and the tea party. Network Neutrality does give the government control of the content of cable.

Rockefeller, and many others seem to be testing the waters to determine how much of the first amendment we are willing to give up.

Does anyone here remember what Al Franken did for a living before losing his job and becoming a congressman?