• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

us navy snow trac

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
got some pics of the usnavy snow trac it hasn't been drivin since the navy left the aera in the 80's and as you can see the navy didn't drive it much here's a question for you 3 band trac owners do you have shocks on your riggs looking at the pics i don't see any provisions for shocks.

Attachments

• DSCN2823.jpg
    DSCN2823.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 812
  • DSCN2825.jpg
    DSCN2825.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 797
  • DSCN2828.jpg
    DSCN2828.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 799
  • DSCN2829.jpg
    DSCN2829.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 797
  • DSCN2818.jpg
    DSCN2818.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 800

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
a question for you dealers out there if some body wanted to selll a snow trac like this what would you all pay for it this one has sand in the engine all glass is boken outt and now some engine parts are missing i'm planning on making an offer but i also need to deduct transportation to so i'm looking for what is it worth you if i dropped it off at your door step not running and in that condition wanting to turn it into cash

snow dog

Hey Don,

How come the Navy didn't paint the old girl Navy Grey? But I 'll have to say " Can it really go 60 MPH ?

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey Don. I haven't seen any shocks on the 'big' wheel three-banders. Where is this critter? Out your way or out my way?

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Don. I haven't seen any shocks on the 'big' wheel three-banders. Where is this critter? Out your way or out my way?
it's out by me it' about a 250 mile tow or a $1500 skyvan charter if i can buy it right it's worth the trouble

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Don,

How come the Navy didn't paint the old girl Navy Grey? But I 'll have to say " Can it really go 60 MPH ?
it can't go that fast mine can do about 1/2 that but i have changed gears but look at the odometer this one still has the speedometer cable hooked up so those are true hours and miles shown

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
yes excecept if revenue leaves nome than i only pay 1 way sky van's run about $4000.00 per hour and it's the only plane in it's class that a st will fit into the st is abour 5 inches to wide for a casa 212

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
well i scored it last night closed a deal with the city of wales my next problem is the logistics of getting it down here so the restoration can start first order of buisness will be to rebuild the motor which has had sand dumped into it i'm also considering instalation of 1776 juggs on it while the motor is out also does any one have the drawings of the gass for this model as i will have to replace all the glass

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Call your local glass guy. They can easily make patterns of those pieces and make new ones for you in either tempered or laminated. (I'd suggest laminated on the front windshields and tempered for the rest.) I'd bet that the openings are not standard on these and vary slightly from vehicle to vehicle.

Figure $50-100 each window installed.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure if Nome has a glass guy...dds may have to order out to Anchorage or Fairbanks. I would be temped to make card board cut outs to send down to the glass shop guys for them cut the glass..

Good news dds, glad you have it. And it a tall cab to boot! Your going to like that one I am sure!

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
i believe that the cab is taller than the ones around here but the glass should all be the same except for the back windows and tall cab and short cab

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don great score, I However, know what you should do with that
ST...... I ship you a diesel 2100 and you ship me a .....
683CI of inline diesel....
Just thinking out loud.
I have a sweet running 1.6L turbo ecodiesel and a kennedy adapter....
Just sayin...

Mike

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
i have been working on this deal for several years there are soe others im looking at in the area if i can find a good deal i will let you know i wanted 2 snow tracs for support and self recovery this one is cherry except for vandelism and the 3 band track i will also have to add shocks to keep the boggies from flipping when track rebuild time comes i may convert back to the 2 band track

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like a good summer project. It will be handy to have a backup when problems come up.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats Don. It does look like a fun project. :thumb: Way to stick with it. :clap:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I often thought about that one when you first posted it.maybe you can get it on a ship headed your way.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
the carb is still there the oil cap is missing the sand went in to the oil filler hole and the glass and skylight is also missing i would love to find the origional skylight to make a mold off of if i have to i woll pull in a flat piece of tinted lexan in would be so cool to see the stars through the skylight.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
funny i came accross another three bander this weekend it was in pretty rough shape with a locked up engine but it wasn't for sale