• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

st 4

bill w

it's in atv's Tom. I can't figure out how to post the ad on here. he doesn't have a pic of it but if you need me to go look at it for you let me know. Bill w

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
he is smoking a lot of that legal weed 12 grand for a 1200 powered snow trac that has been modified to be a hunting rig.

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
Well...maybe I'm looking for too much. What say you on value?
I just lowered it to 10 OBO.
Yup, 1200 industrial but I didn't think it was in that bad condition.
I'm kind of in a pinch financially with my pay just getting chopped 50% and as much as I don't want to let it go I need to generate some revenue.
One in Fairbanks that was in need of resto and no engine went for 5ish recently so I didn't think I was that out of line.
I'm open to opinions and offers.
Thanks
J

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
at the end of the day one has to look at overall condition I have seen a lot of rigs represented as cherry and ready to run for the 10 k range. once you get a chance to look up close one finds a lot left to be done. I say this I have seen a few good buddys get stung real bad that said I would have to guess knowing who's rig it is it might be in a lot better condition. I would still rather have the 1600 I have grown very fond of them and parts are much more affordable at 10 k I believe you are in the ball park just a crappy time to sell I can just about guess who you are working for hopefully this slump is short not long term like the 80's. I keep joking with a buddy of mine who pilots tankers out of valdez he should say bud light not hard right last time it pulled up out of our economic troubles.

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
Yup. Times are hard and getting harder by the day. I'm going to keep it listed and hopefully see some interest. I know the market will come up again, been there done that 25 years ago in Fairbanks. Just can't wait that long unfortunately.
J

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
yup if I didn't make a little income off my cats, they would also likely be on the auction block I'm in them right, with a lot of sweat equity but times are going to be pretty tough around here too I see it coming. just the cost of living is about to break the bank

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
alaska 120, a few more photos would help. snow tracs are a rare commodity.

Tuckers are around, thiokols more so.

I doubt half of the snow tracs are still alive.

so 1-1000ish machines could still be had.?

Supply and demand, hang in there.

$.02

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
Good advice. I have a couple more I can throw in the mix.
I've got a ridiculous amount of time into this machine. It was a total basket case when I acquired it but it is what is it. Gonna hate to see it go and as you have noted they are becoming rare as hens teeth...

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
Price is dropped again...
Comes with new sprockets installed plus a couple new spares, several spare small wheels and tires, hand start crank handle, original seat pan, bucket of spare track guides, various other stuff.
Entertaining offers...

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My opinion isn't much to be concerned about, however with that said, the big wheel and inboard brakes lends itself to a much newer machine.

Im no expert.. $.02

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
OK... down to $8,000 OBO.
Any interest??
I'll even deliver to Fairbanks or Anchorage.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
jinn
I think snow trac has a height limit. something like 5ft 9 to drive:clap: it. after you restore it i'll be your driver. you can even call me james.