• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Recycle pickup cab ?

rockhead

Sooooo assuming I become happy with all the underguts on my DMC1450 I still have all sorts of things to not like about the cab. I found a complete pickup cab for 100 bones.
Can you think of a good reason to not slam that on top of the chassis ?

rockhead

That's what I'm here for, bad influence !
But seriously I could have a roomier cab, with some creature comfort and readily available parts !!!!
I just ordered a blower motor for my 1981 DMC 1450 , it happened to, with much research crossover to a Freightliner and Edsel part :bolt:

rockhead

Wellllll, lucky for me this body almost three feet too long, because that would have been a riot on tracks . . .

Attachments

• cruz.jpg
    cruz.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 241

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I wonder what the conversion would do to the resale value?

I am thinking it might hurt it a lot, depending on how well the conversion is done.

Something to think about...

You might be ahead to trade it for something to fill your needs, rather thatn create a one off no one might want some day... JMHO

Regards, Kirk

rockhead

That is a prime consideration because if it is 'not right' as a custom thing it will be worth less if not worthless.

On that note I photo-chop-shopped a pickup cab on . . .

Attachments

• Imp34.JPG
    Imp34.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 204

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
1450 is already too heavy for track footprint. Car or truck body will make that much worse. After the fun of conversion wears off and the lack of performance is discovered you'll be selling for less than it's worth now.