• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Constructing a Game cooler !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Its 65 miles in any direction from where I live ,to find a "commercial Game locker" . It just seemed like a "No Brainer" to install one at my new Laundrymat/ Apartments/ Mini Storage building .
The unit is now built using 4" solid foam panels with Tyvek Wrap and plywood sandwiching both sides .
The unit ended up being 13' x 15' in size . This will easily handle 20-25 game animals .
The cooling system is a new 25,000 BTU air conditioner using a "Kool Bot" cooling modual to lower the temperature to the low 40's or high 30's .

The plan is to charge $10 a day for Elk . $8 day for Bear and $6 day for deer . I think this may be a better investment return than my apartments have become .

Total cost to build the unit was about $2500 without figuring my labor . I still think it was a smart move . I guess time will tell when hunting season starts in a week . Outside day temps have been in the mid 90's .:unsure::unsure:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Have you hired a manager yet? You won't ever get back to Panama at the rate you are retiring!:yum::yum:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Have you hired a manager yet? You won't ever get back to Panama at the rate you are retiring!:yum::yum:

Actually , My wife and I were discussing that very thing the last few days .
I would love to turn it all over to my daughter . I am not sure if she would like the change from city life . She is comming up this week for a little vacation and I will entertain the idea of running the business for me .
We have more than enough room to put her up in the ranch apartment and I could even get her a second job , if she wants one .
I kinda feel like I am runnimg a "Day Care Center" for adults. Someone is always concern that some other tenant might be getting more than them . Today it was over parking ?????? Geez ..... I have 4 apartments and enough room for 30 parking spots and people are getting stupid over where they want to park. One guy does not even own a vehicle , for crying out loud and he is the worst complainer :doh:.

I think I am leaning towards making the whole place a retirement age apartment complex . Less hassle .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Glad the controller worked for you.

If this controller works as well as it advertises , This is going to be "One hell of a Cooler" .
It was so simple to set up and tie into the AC cooling system . Tomorrow , I will pick up the electical plug to tie in the AC 220 system . I should be up and running in one more day . The big hunting season starts in 10 days so I believe I am all set to open the doors for business .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
If this controller works as well as it advertises , This is going to be "One hell of a Cooler" .
It was so simple to set up and tie into the AC cooling system . Tomorrow , I will pick up the electical plug to tie in the AC 220 system . I should be up and running in one more day . The big hunting season starts in 10 days so I believe I am all set to open the doors for business .

If you ever need to construct a game or veg cooler you should seriously look at getting a Cool Bot control unit . These things are amazing . My 14' x 15' cooler will go all the way to 34 degrees and is ran by a 25000 BTU air conditioner wall unit .
I could not be happier . :clap: