• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

silver coin

SShepherd

I'm considering buying some silver, what should I know?

I'm thinking silver quarters or dollars. What should I be paying for ? What's a fair "spot" price ? I realize I'll be paying the up to the second in silver price. Should condition be a factor if I'm buying sliver coin for the silver alone?

I need a bit of education...:doh:

Kane

Go to a site KITCO.com, which is a site that most dealers use to establish up-to-the-minute spot prices for buying and selling. Surf around the site and you'll find a wealth of information and explanation of current events.

Personally, I got into silver (and gold) several years ago, and bought exclusively new 1 oz coins - Austrian Philharmonics. Most folks get into American Eagles in either 1 oz or fractional weights.

But it seems that you might be talking about 'junk' silver, which is just the term for old all-silver quarters and dimes. This stuff is probably the best to have on hand for barter when SHTF, in fact a lot of the urban store front mom & pops (the Asians) already use it in lieu of USD's.

Be aware that you will pay a premium for coins, and if you cash them in with most dealers you will basically receive spot ... or maybe spot plus 10%.

It's almost guaranteed that silver will pop $40 again real soon. Gold will drift back up to $2000 if Ben keeps it up. Which looks like he has every intention of doing. Of course this all may be just a ploy by Obama to get that last minute stock market rally prior to the election, and the SOB Bernanke is all too willing to accommodate the other SOB.

Kane

Gold & Silver Coin Calculator

By Bryan J. Richardson | September 15, 2012

Download

The Gold & Silver Coin Calculator allows users to determine the amount of coins or amount of money they should receive in a bullion coin or scrap gold/silver transaction. Users can also determine the gold/silver barter value of a good or service. Just enter the type of metal and type of coin, enter the spending amount and premium, and calculate in up to 15 currencies, including BitCoin. Gold & Silver Coin Calculator features News Mode that allows users to stay abreast with the latest gold and silver news. Gold & Silver Coin Calculator also features Find Dealer Mode that allows users to locate and obtain directions to closest coin dealers to their current location. Live spot prices and current premiums on coins. Features coins such as Kruggerand, Gold and Silver Eagles, Buffalos, Mercury Dimes, Peace Dollars and many more.Recent changes:pORTFOLIO: Allows user to keep track of their gold and silver investments.CLICK TO CALL: Users can now click on coin dealer location to get directions or call that dealerContent rating:

click on Bryan J. Richardson above