• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Google VS Bing

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting. Good example Tom.

I have tried bing a few times but as a rule use google by default for all my searches. Google gets the job done for me. :D

D

darroll

Google is intrusive so I use Bing.
You can dump Google and see what people are searching for.
This could cause problems if you search for your X.
Or are people smart enough to use this feature?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Darroll, what makes you think bing is not just as intrusive. They all keep the stats, this helps them make their product better. :confused:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I downloaded google earth the other day and had 2 trojans within a 1/2 hour. Cleaned them and google right off my pc. I do cleanup after every net session and you find out quick who tries to stick things on your computer.

D

darroll

Darroll, what makes you think bing is not just as intrusive. They all keep the stats, this helps them make their product better. :confused:

Doc,
You are right, but I have not seen it advertised.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Well I downloaded google earth the other day and had 2 trojans within a 1/2 hour. Cleaned them and google right off my pc. I do cleanup after every net session and you find out quick who tries to stick things on your computer.

Are you saying Google Earth put 2 Trojans on your computer? If so - that is a national news story that could never not be known. Are you sure you are not confusing cookies as a Trojan?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well SAS and MBAM both found it. wwetdogssd,exe was the executable it was trying to install. My BILLP winpatrol caught it and alerted me. It is a handy stop for anything trying to install on windows.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I will have to see if I saved the logs. I wrote it down exactly as it was spelled. If it was not Google earth I don't know where it came from. I check every day after I do my morning newspaper reads and it does not show from there.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
ScreenShot001.jpg