• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

86 LMC 1500

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
found a lmc that needs some love for 1500$ asking. Need some pros to give me a crash course on these.

As a Tucker guy I know each type have their pros and cons.

Are parts available? Tracks? Engine parts?

2 man cab. I would add passenger cab on bed of it.

From what I understand parts are readily available.

akmountaineer

Sounds like a steal unless it's junk and you're missing a zero on the price. In good shape they go for $25 - $30K. If you don't buy it, I will :smile:. Parts availability is good and quite a few utility operations are actively using the 1500 still.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the engine is a 258 amc 6 just like jeeps of the vintage I would guess trans is the bullet proof 727. there were some issues with idle quality on the carter bbd carbs they are usually fixed with a couple of turns on so hidden screws that loosen up If that 258 has a plastic valve cover a conversion to the aluminum valve cover would be money well spent to prevent oil leaks other wise they are a pretty simple and reliable unit.

Dr. Zaugg

The later 1500's have Ford 300 6-cyl in them. On a 1500 the first thing to do is follow the fuel line from the tank to the engine. A few of them had the line right next to the exhaust pipe and you can guess what happened to them. If you buy it just check that out first thing.

tomelroy

even if it looks like this

Attachments

• 1500 rusted.jpg
    1500 rusted.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 446
I bought an 1800 for $4500 a couple of years ago that the Coast Guard had used on Kodiak Island. It had sat on the beach most of it's life and had a bit of a cancer problem. Ran great and only had a little over 1000 hrs. Sold it later to a guy that just had to have it which is was fine with me, you never win with severe rust and corrosion.