• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Memorial Day Weekend 08

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well it's finally here. The first holiday of the summer. And kind of a kick off to the boating season. I'll be boating this weekend and then having a big ole family cookout where everyone brings a side dish and we cookout hamburgers and hot dogs. Always lots of good food there.
And the weather is cooperating.

While we do take time to remember those who gave their lives for our great nation, we also pack a lot of fun into the weekend.

How about you. Whats up this weekend.

What is the bank holiday over in jolly ole England all about? I understand it's this weekend also.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
start of a week vacation also for me and the better half, so we are WORKING ON THE HOUSE, cleaning, etc, then a couple or three day trips to places we have not been in a while. Main focus is on a few days of r and r and then the house being completed. We did get the siding on the back and one side Friday, so we are half done with that, just got to wrap some windows and doors and put up the patio.

Lots of fun!

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm visiting #1 in Columbus, OH. Heading out shopping (guns and grub), cooking out and then the PENS tonight!!

AndyM

Charter Member
How about you. Whats up this weekend.

New baby due any day now... we're both ready, but the baby doesn't seem quite ready yet.
My wife is vacuuming the living room right now... I told her to get on the tractor and cut the grass... that might help things along some.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
One of the pools (there are 3) are located right outside my balcony and Im on the 4th floor. The pool is just opening so Im breaking out the binoculars. :w00t2: Oh.... I will probably grill and have a nice bottle of wine too. :biggrin:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
We are still snowed in at home with about 18 inches of fresh white sloppy snow still on the ground from Fridays storm. Another 2 to 3 inches fell overnight. I guess we will stay home and enjoy summer since we can not even drive in and out to the county road without chains. :rolf2: Plenty of good food to cook and we will just enjoy whatever happens next in our area. I have never seen this much snow this late in the season even at our elevation of 8450 foot in the mountains. We are at about 175% of normal on moisture and snow pack. We can still drive the snow cat and ride snow machines.:letitsnow:

According to the NWS we should see 48F today. No way will that happen as we have not been above 38F for several days and the current temp is about 33F overcast with snow falling. The NWS keeps predicting little or no snow accumualation and it just keeps getting deeper each day.:censored:
Today.jpg

Cityboy

Banned
Citygirl has to work. :sad:

The :censored:!@#$% ^ %%^&**() :censored:refrigerator broke and all the ice cream is soup :censored: and all the frozed food thawed.

I spent the last hour unloading everything and troubleshooting and the compressor is not pumping to capacity which means a refrigerant leak, clogged cappilary tube or bad valves on a one year old fridge.
icon8.gif
....Frigidaire BTW.

Can't locate the reciept. :pat:

So I'm off to Lowes to see if they have a record of the purchase and if they will exchange it for something other than a frigidaire.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've made potato salad this morning for the family thing this evening.
Going over around 5.
Tomorrow, of course-I'll be watching the 500.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Normal farm chores of course.

Grilling fresh bratwurst and making homemade coleslaw for dinner tonight. Otherwise I'll be working on cleaning and decorating the baby room....only 8 weeks away, so not much time left for that.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Why it's time for the Annual Memorial Day Weekend Blizzard!

We used to make the first trip of the year to camp at our gold mining claim, up in the Sierras, on Memorial Day weekend. This was usually the first date the roads were open. But after a month of gorgeous weather we usually got buried by rain or snow on Memorial Day.

I bought my first 4x4 after barely making up out of the canyon and over the ridge to get out one year. The FS logging road had become, overnight, 20 miles of peanut butter. We made huge roostertails of mud, left some awful ruts, and there was nobody else back in there.

I'm glad we aren't up in the Sierras with all those soggy, chilled campers this year!

Today's NWS Memorial Day Weekend Blizzard chart. This storm is moving east to nail all the campers tonight. And that must be Mtntopper's storm up in Wyoming.

MemorialDayBlizzard.GIF

Cityboy

Banned
Citygirl has to work. :sad:

The :censored:!@#$% ^ %%^&**() :censored:refrigerator broke and all the ice cream is soup :censored: and all the frozed food thawed.

I spent the last hour unloading everything and troubleshooting and the compressor is not pumping to capacity which means a refrigerant leak, clogged cappilary tube or bad valves on a one year old fridge.
icon8.gif
....Frigidaire BTW.

Can't locate the reciept. :pat:

So I'm off to Lowes to see if they have a record of the purchase and if they will exchange it for something other than a frigidaire.

WOOHOO!!! The appliance manager at Lowes is giving me full credit for the broke fridge!!! :jumpingSm:thewave:

The old fridge is cool enough to keep the rest of the food from spoiling till the new one gets here....won't freeze anything, but at least we won't lose all of it.

Happy Memorial Day!!

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wish I had known that BD, I would have met you to do some window shopping myself.

Went to Vance's, nice store but I don't think I could part with the money for a gun, they're high. The sale guns were where they should be all the time. Then to Andrews General Store for grub................WOW does that store got a lot going on. Then paid a visit the New Albany Shooting Range, nice facility, decent prices but not too many guns.

I'll be sure to hit you up next time I'm in town!!

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
WOOHOO!!! The appliance manager at Lowes is giving me full credit for the broke fridge!!!
FANTASTIC!!!!! :clap: Good job man. Did they give you any grief?

As for ME I spent the whole day washing, cleaning and detailing the Vic. That thing was dirtier than I thought! Shes spotless now. :biggrin:

Cityboy

Banned
FANTASTIC!!!!! :clap: Good job man. Did they give you any grief?

No grief at all. I just walked in and explained the situation and he looked up some stuff on the 'puter and took care of it! Us Okies are just a friendly bunch always willing to help each other out.

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Seat time, seat time and more seat time. Mowed, trimmed and such the property around the house today. Tomorrow, bush hogging 10 acres, maybe Monday too if I don't get it all done, what a shame that would be :whistling: