• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Looking for a CJ

cj7

What tranny is behind it?

I would look ot over very well for any rust issues in the body or frame.
Check around the stearing box area. I have repair this part of the frame before.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the tips.
I'm assuming it is a standard, I actually didn't notice. It was locked up and I only took a quick look. I talked to the owner, but didn't ask about the tranny.
more as I find out.
I'm dealing with a GAS issue today. The regulator on my well failed yesterday so no heat or hot water until I get that fixed. :(

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
YOU HAVE YOUR OWN GAS WELL!?!?!

I was hurrying my reply and should have said I have a gas well on my property. The well is not mine. It was there when I purchased the property (50 acres). I did not get mineral rights, but I got the free hook up to the well for one residence. The well is 2600 ft away. The gas might be free but the gas line and regulators sure cost. And when it breaks no one wants to work on private wells. I finally connected with a company that does that kind of work. They put on a rebuilt regulaltor (Big Joe) and I'm back in business. :thumb:

What a hectic day though. Whew!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, we're as warm as we want to be ....I keep it at 71. 73 is just to hot for me. :D