• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Army Field Jacket

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I still have mine as well from my stint in the VT Guards, 1972-73. I no longer have my Pea Coat from my Navy days however. :doh:

What I wear the most is my cherished Cooper A-2 leather Flying Tigers Jacket, the gorgeous Mrs. TR bought me back in 1992. It has held up very well, including the lining. The leather looks better now then when it was new.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I have my father's old A-2 when he served in WWII and decided to replicate it. Bought one from History Preservation Associates in Cherry Hill, NJ. They use all the correct hardware, stitching, zipper (no side pockets)etc. Then had the the name of his aircraft painted on the back just like the original by a Vietnam Vet that does biker jackets. It is truely a reminder of him when I wear it. Thank You For your service!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I picked up a field jacket while in the Navy, and I was issued the official Navy Pea Coat. Both are gone. Wish I had them back. I'll have to keep an eye out at a Army Navy Surplus store.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I wore the British equivalent for years during the '70s. I loved that jacket. It had a heavy blanket lining and was warm during the Scottish winters. It was useless in the rain though. It could soak up water like a sponge and ended up weighing about 20 pounds.

I bought an Austrian version a couple of years ago as a winter work jacket but it wasn't the same. There was no insulation on the back so if the wind is blowing you have to face into it or you will freeze.

I would love to have another "good" one for winter work.

Umberto

I never got around to buying a liner for mine. I should hit the surplus store by Ft. Lewis and see what's available.

I need a liner for my Barbour, too.

I looked for a pea coat at the Nordstrom's and Macy's end of winter sales but nothing my size was available.

My buddy, Sandy, is from Glencoe.