• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Intresting snow grader

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting concept..

Looks like it works very well to. I have to wonder how the sales of these has gone, and how many were made.

It would be nice not to have to keep an eye on the groomer behind you. And it has, as road graders do, have great control over the cutting edge of the blade. Whoops and moguls wouldn't stand a chance!

Regards, Kirk

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Info from another forum I belong to about this machine and it's inventor by his son.

In short to answer your question. No the machine didn't prove any short comings that would prevent it from going into production. In fact there were a few orders with deposits that had to be refunded when production didn't happen. What it really came down to was John's failing health. The construction of the project would have to be subbed out to another company. My shop at the time didn't have the capacity. Quotes came in at such ridiculous rates that it wasn't even close to feasible to out source the production. Without the facility and the man power to move forward a 15 year long project stalled in its tracks. Pardon the pun.

Tight trails, and steep climbs. Not an issue. First off the machine can steer by turning the front track as most people realize. Secondly by twisting the forward/reverse control lever you can make the inside track slow down and the outer track speed up allowing for a very tight turn. Turns tighter than my one ton pick up truck without altering the speed of the tracks.
Climbing is very effective. It has one more track than a two track machine and the benefit even compared to the four track machines is that it is central. meaning the centre track is finding traction in laces where no other track has disturbed the terrain. it also means that the snow is then compressed in the centre eliminating the possibility of high centring that a two track machine can experience.

Just a couple weeks ago I went out to Swan River and spent a few hours going over the machine. It hasn't been out of the garage in a couple years. I am looking into the idea of bring the Machine out to Prince Albert SK. Im going to investigate and see if I can find some contract grooming work for it this winter.

Not on this forum hardly ever so if someone wants to get ahold of me on this topic give me a shout on email or Facebook That should get you a much faster response.
labbeheavyindustries@hotmail.com or look for me on Facebook Tyson Labbe prince Albert Sk.
If you really need to talk call me 306-961-7154
0CD710C0-41C8-498B-B2C3-75EF6EE251B8_zpsm3gcybgk.jpg~original.jpg