• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Above and Beyond Dog Tags

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Above and Beyond Dog Tags

This is a sight you have probably never seen. This is a rare and beautiful memorial to our veterans

who were killed in the VietNam War. It hangs in the National Veteran's Art Museum, Chicago, Illinois.

Did not know this existed?

When visitors first enter the museum, they will hear a sound like wind chimes coming from above them and their attention will be drawn upward 24 feet to the ceiling of the two-story high atrium.

Dog tags of the more than 58,000 service men and women who died in the Vietnam War hang from the ceiling of the National Vietnam Veterans Art Museum in Chicago on Veterans Day, November 11, 2010. The 10-by-40-foot sculpture, entitled Above and Beyond, was designed by Ned Broderick and Richard Stein.

The tens of thousands of metal dog tags are suspended 24 feet in the air, 1 inch apart, from fine lines that allow them to move and chime with shifting air currents. Museum employees using a kiosk and laser pointer help visitors locate the exact dog tag with the imprinted name of their lost friend or relative.

"If you can read this, thank a Teacher........If you are reading it in English, thank a VET."

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I believe I need to see some friends in Chicago,.......soon.

Thanks Muley. I was unaware

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Only problem I see is ...I do not go where my friend Glock cannot go!!!

I willnot condone raceisem of BLACK Guns!!!!!!!:hammer::brows: