• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mainer is this a 601? It is for sale on KSL

utahwilson

Attachments

• 17286585.JPG
    17286585.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 367
  • 17286586.jpg
    17286586.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 368

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
No, this is the predecessor to the 601... the Trackmaster 4T10.
Deal has already been closed with one of our forum Thiokol enthusiasts in WY.
Nice machine... there's plenty of info on the forum since the last couple of years... this has the dual-shaft power divider unit to steer rather than the brake-steer differentials like the 6-series. They work great... just a bit more clunky given there are defined ranges of H/M/L by the corresponding clutch packs. There are some pics on the forum..one of the members took his apart on his 4T4 power divider and posted some photos.

shopman

Nice machine... there's plenty of info on the forum since the last couple of years... this has the dual-shaft power divider unit to steer rather than the brake-steer differentials like the 6-series. They work great... just a bit more clunky given there are defined ranges of H/M/L by the corresponding clutch packs. There are some pics on the forum..one of the members took his apart on his 4T4 power divider and posted some photos.

Hey Mainer...

Do you remember who had the pics of the power divider, I have searched but can't find them and would like to understand the inner workings of it so I can do some adjustments on mine and plan for parts for the future?

Thanks!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
does this mean it steers like a snow trac with power to both tracks or to you still rob power off the inner track

tomelroy

the power divider actually has High, Neutral, and low range for each side (track). It steers because one sprocket is moving faster than the other, no braking involved.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
same principal as the snow trac's varriator great system because both tracks are drivin might have to look around for one.would like to get something a little larger but i like the way my st preforms in the deep snow and the fact steering dosnt suck hp off the engine