• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pet Peeves and things that make see red.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
OK, my number 2 would be the cell phone message thing. I call someone, get their voice mail with their voice telling me to leave a message. Fine, no problem......then at the cost of another minute of MY time, this "other" voice comes on giving me "instructions" on how to leave a message. JUST GIVE ME THE "BEEP" AND LET IT BE. I wonder how many "minutes" are used up by phone companies with this silly instruction game. I think it is a conspiracy. Add to this when I get MY messages, I have to hear what time they called and what day..yadayadayada. I suppose 2 buttons on the cell phone would be too hard.......one listen, and one delete message.

My number one is calling the ISP about thier connection being down and told I can find all kinds of answers on the web...............HELLO!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My #1 pet peeve revolves around good coffee. I drink a pot of it in the morning all by myself. The lovely Mrs_Bob won't leave well enough alone and she adds "caramel" or "french vanilla" beans to the hopper and I end up with flavored coffee. Now if the flavor is weak enough I can choke that stuff down, but I drink coffee like I like my women, hot, black & bitter;) Don't mess up my brew with cream, sugar or flavor of any kind. So as if that is not bad enough, she will have 1/2 of one cup out of that pot of cofee. That's it. Half a cup. My whole pot is flavored and she drink's half a cup, and she adds 3 nutrasweet packs to it, and a pile of creamer too.

Is there any hope? Or should I just tough it out every weekend and enjoy unadulterated brew at the office where they know damn well if they are standing between me and the coffee pot then they are nothing more than a target that is in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Get her a one cup coffee maker and her own coffee bean grinder. I have two bean grinders. One for regular and one for decaf. Since I no longer have to get up at any particular time, I drink regular at night.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ahh, but she might take that as an insult, the fact that I don't like the new thing she introduced me to that she is so happy about. She really likes it and she was so excited about when she brought it home from a recent trip to Albuquerque. I can't 'crush' her like that. I do love her. But I have thought about a Kurig K-Cup coffee maker for her, it makes one cup at a time and brews it fresh, and the K-Cups are available in all sorts of flavors that she would probably love. Sort of a nicer way to get my coffee brewer back and treat her well too? It does sort of violate the rule of buying your spouse a gift with a cord attached. Although I think there is an exception if it is a kitchen gadget that they really would enjoy?

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Here you go, buy YOURSELF another coffee maker and let her use the one she is "used to".

My next one will be with water line attached, I put in coffee, it gives me coffee. Trouble is that what I want is over my budget. Now if I can just hit that lottery Wednesday

v8dave

Wizard
ddrane2115 said:
OK, my number 2 would be the cell phone message thing. I call someone, get their voice mail with their voice telling me to leave a message. Fine, no problem......then at the cost of another minute of MY time, this "other" voice comes on giving me "instructions" on how to leave a message. JUST GIVE ME THE "BEEP" AND LET IT BE. I wonder how many "minutes" are used up by phone companies with this silly instruction game. I think it is a conspiracy. Add to this when I get MY messages, I have to hear what time they called and what day..yadayadayada. I suppose 2 buttons on the cell phone would be too hard.......one listen, and one delete message.

My number one is calling the ISP about thier connection being down and told I can find all kinds of answers on the web...............HELLO!

I worked for giant aerospace company and one of the other divisions I visited actually had telephone police checking folks voice mail messages. They demanded you have greeting that told who you were, when you'd return the calls, who to call if you needed somebody right now and how to leave the message. It was agony to leave messages there. Some folks I worked with there used to be at the location I was at, and they just rolled their eyes and shrugged their shoulders when I prodded them about it. Unbelievably bad.

Dave

BoneheadNW

My pet peeve: My wife's 15 minute showers. "Hey Bonehead", you say, "what is wrong with a 15 minute shower?" Well, she starts her shower with the water on 3/4 the way to extreme hot and by the time she is done there is not much hot water left. "Bonehead, get a bigger hot water heater!", you say. We have an 80 gallon water heater, quick recovery! When I take a shower first, there is plenty of hot water left. I even shave in the shower in the morning and there is still plenty left.

While I'm on the subject, she also likes to leave the sink running while she is wiping the counters down. I turn the water off and she just turns it right back on. This also drives my father-in-law crazy, but he won't say anything when he is here.

Wow, that was good to get off my chest!

Bonehead :coolshade

v8dave

Wizard
Building doors and people too lazy to use "their" side, or who don't know which side to use.

Come up to a double door and if one side is propped open everybody will use that side. The right door is open on your side and that's the door for you to use. But, you can't because there's people comming in that side instead of opening the door on their side. And, they'll make a train up and keep on comming making you stop and wait for all of them. :moon:

But, that's not the capper. How about the case where you come to double closed doors and open the door toward you and a woman :boobies: comming the other way will switch sides and come through the door you just opened. :mad: Not only do you have to stop, you're a friggin doorman. :whistle:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
.....more on the double doors. Way to many places around here have the double doors for entry /exit, but lock one of the doors closed. So everyone has to use the one door. If your going to install double doors for your customers convenience, why not leave them BOTH open.

I like my women, hot, black & bitter

Bob,
I learned something about you today. I never would have guessed .... :D :D

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Usually when I meet someone new in passing, I'll say something like, "How ya doin". The usual reply is, "Fine". and that's it. When I'm asked the same thing, I'll reply with, "Great, how bout yourself"? See the difference? :confused:
Or when someone tries to use words with more than 3 syllables to "sound" more worldly or something, and either miss pronounces it, or the word they've used has no bearing at all on what they were saying. The word moot comes to mind, meaning, basically , meaningless. The word I hear is mute, as in "That's a mute point"! Incredibly correct! That point sure can't speak can it? :fart2: :wave:

BoneheadNW

Wow John, when the day does come when we all meet together (and we will some day), remind me not to say nucular (instead of nuclear) or say um alot, or say like every other word. I know some pretty intellegent people that do those sort of things. Come to think of it, our El Presidente says nucular too, which shows that intellegence and enunciation do not always go hand in hand. :bling:

Beer Drinkin Bonehead (It is 4:00 after all) :beer:

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Beer Drinkin Bonehead (It is 4:00 after all) :beer:[/QUOTE]
Jay, no priblim, I like to twist words around myself to have fun. Actually, the ones I poke fun at are the pompous asses, that like to yap forever and say nothing. :fart2: A lot of politicians come to mind. :eek:
Your drinking a beer too? Killians for me!! :a1:

What does bling-bling mean? Or shouldn't I ask? :confused: :wave:

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Doc said:
.....more on the double doors. Way to many places around here have the double doors for entry /exit, but lock one of the doors closed. So everyone has to use the one door. If your going to install double doors for your customers convenience, why not leave them BOTH open.

Bob,
I learned something about you today. I never would have guessed .... :D :D

I hate the signs, please use other door.........like you, if you have 2 use them

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
BoneheadNW said:
..................... Come to think of it, our El Presidente says nucular too, which shows that intellegence and enunciation do not always go hand in hand. :bling:

Beer Drinkin Bonehead (It is 4:00 after all) :beer:

Bonehead..... you are correct.... he has yet to master either intelligence or enunciation. He has always been, and will always be one of the dem, dez, and doz kind of guy.. :smileywac

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pet peeve...
I don't like people interrupting me. I wait a long time before speaking my mind but if someone steps in 1/2 way through my thought or sentence, I quit and immediately shut my mouth. I can be a "real prick" so it may last for hours... The silence kills them and (if in a group), the person that infracted on my time normally gets some shit.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I hate it when I come up to a 4 way or 3 way stop and a person gets there way before you do, has plenty of time to stop and go before I even get there and they sit and wait and wait until I come to a complete stop, then look at me like it is my turn or waiting to see if I will go, but when I go they take off and look at me like I am the idiot. It's kind of like:moon:

OkeeDon

Slow drivers in the left hand lane. We probably see more of it in Florida than anywhere else; dang q-tip old farts in their Mercury Grand Marquis. I love the bumper sticker, "I can't wait until I get old enough to go North and drive slow in the left lane." I've told my wife, my kids and all my friends, "If you ever see me driving in the left lane for no reason, open the glove box, get out the pistol and shoot me. I won't deserve to live." I'm getting pretty good at intimidating some folks to move over, but most of them are oblivious. Except when I'm driving my motor home; it has Hadley air horns; one tap is enough to make them head for the rest area. One time I was waiting in a small gas station to get gas. The local folks at the only pump where the motor home would fit were done pumping, had paid for the gas, but were just sitting there while various family members ran in and out of the station. I waited patiently for 5 full minutes. Then, I tapped the air horns. We were under the station canopy. It echoed. I think they crapped their pants. They moved.

Oh, did I say that I'm not real patient?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I hate it when driving behind someone, and as we approach a stop light, they hit the brakes and start to slow down, even though the light is still green!

I swear some people are asking the light to change, just so they can stop the car. :mad::mad:

Dave

loki2

bczoom said:
Pet peeve...
I don't like people interrupting me. I wait a long time before speaking my mind but if someone steps in 1/2 way through my thought or sentence, I quit and immediately shut my mouth.

Let me brake in here for a min..........................................:cool:

I can be a "real prick" so it may last for hours... The silence kills them and (if in a group), the person that infracted on my time normally gets some shit.

What really pisses me off is a "fake prick". I think there is a word for them, Dil something or other..I got to admit BC, you are a real one.:wave: :D :moon:
Oh Yeah, thanks for the invite.;)

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
I guess my pet peeve is that the wife just can't learn to leave the toilet seat UP! I mean ,really! How else is my dog going to drink ? John

BoneheadNW

OkeeDon said:
"If you ever see me driving in the left lane for no reason, open the glove box, get out the pistol and shoot me. I won't deserve to live."
I've said the same thing to my wife about the older guys wearing the shorts with black socks and wingtips.

Bonehead :toilet:

v8dave

Wizard
thcri said:
I hate it when I come up to a 4 way or 3 way stop and a person gets there way before you do, has plenty of time to stop and go before I even get there and they sit and wait and wait until I come to a complete stop, then look at me like it is my turn or waiting to see if I will go, but when I go they take off and look at me like I am the idiot. It's kind of like:moon:

I forgot about the four-way stop. When I lived in the San Jose area we had a lot of (ahem) non-native american drivers obviously still learning to drive. They didn't grow up in a car like I did with somebody yelling at the driver in front of them; "What the hell's the matter with you buddy,? Don't you know better than to slow down to merge onto the freeway!" And other choice bits. Well these same don't-know-how-to-merge folks don't know how to handle 4-way stops either. On my commute home I had to go through a 4-way stop with two lanes each direction on the road I was on and the intersecting road (thank goodness) only had one lane each way. Well, the unskilled would come up to the intersection and not take their right-of-way turn to proceede through the intersection. They were waiting for their turn based on when they got to the intersection. Of course, nobody else knew when they got there. So, it would be a wait for the other guy to go. Rarely did 2 cars leave to go in the same direction at the same time or a car each from opposite directions leave simultaneously. They were all waiting for their turn. I finally got to the point where I'd stop at the line and if the cross traffic didn't move in 5 seconds, I'd pull out. And, about a 1/3 of the time I was leaving the timid still sitting there---and nobody ever honked their horn at me. Unbelievable.

Caddy Daddy

My number one pet peeve is people driving convertibles with the top DOWN and the side windows UP!!!!..What the hell did you buy a convertible for???????...another is the guy on the motorcycle screaming down the freeway talking on a CELL PHONE!!!!..WTF is THAT about???????

PineRidge

Back From the Dead
My pet peeve is young folks trying to drive and talk on a cell phone at the same time. Most of them have a conversation ongoing with 3 of their other friends in the same car, the stereo is on loud pounding out the bass, and they are trying to communicate over the cell and still concentrate on driving. Yeah right! :17875: