• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Polaris XLT Snowmobile Mixture

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
My father in law bought a used Polaris XLT 600cc sled at an auction sale while down here during Christmas. No way to get it home so it is here at my place. Yep snowstorm here so I best check it out. No manual and I can not find anyplace on the sled what the fuel mixture is suppose to be. Anyone here familiar with this sled and knows the mixture. I should probably run it some more before taking it out to the farm.

murph

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
It should be oil injected. Look for the oil tank under the hood and make sure it has one or the prior owner may have converted it to not use the injection. That is not good as the oil injections systems work great. If you find no oil tank mix it to about a 40 to 1 and you should be alright.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
It is water cooled and I see the expansion/fill tank. I also saw a tank right next to the expansion tank but it looked like it also had anti-freezer in it?? I will have to go outside and do some more looking.

murph

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Polaris 2 stroke oil is a blue/green color as I recall. It should be oil injected. Taste test what is in the tank in question. :thumb: