• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

XJ Jeep Goes For a Dive

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
that was a good one. Oh shit she says. He was lucky he had the snorkel:applause: :applause:

murph

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey, hey, I'd always heard that the old style Cherokee like that is tough. I ought to be ashamed of how I treat mine at my property, but I've never put it under water, well, in water like that. Since I don't have any lift kit, mine would have been under water. Worse yet, with no snorkel, mine would have stayed.

I gotta ask you Jeep owners what I need to do with my Cherokee for some moderate off roading sometime.

Jen's Jeep

Site Supporter
Dargo said:
I gotta ask you Jeep owners what I need to do with my Cherokee for some moderate off roading sometime.

Here is my daily driver....we haven't done too much to it, but then again, it's not one of our crawlers (yet):D

So far it gets me where I need to go

Attachments

• xj.jpg
    xj.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 151

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jen, I had a 2 version of that Cherokee. I don't recall the year, but it was either the first or second year of production. I loved that thing!!! We kept it so long that we just got tired of it. I eventually put in some Recaro style aftermarket front seats, had the outside repainted black (it had been silver) and then kept it another couple of years. I think it was about 12 years old when I got rid of it, and it was still in good shape.

Jen's Jeep

Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Jen, I had a 2 version of that Cherokee. I don't recall the year, but it was either the first or second year of production. I loved that thing!!! We kept it so long that we just got tired of it. I eventually put in some Recaro style aftermarket front seats, had the outside repainted black (it had been silver) and then kept it another couple of years. I think it was about 12 years old when I got rid of it, and it was still in good shape.

Our's is a 2000....I love my Jeep:a1: ...but now I am realizing we out growing it. Our daughter is almost as tall as I am, so she sit in the front, it works fine then. But when Eric is in the Jeep with us, the three kids get smushed in the back. I guess I really wasn't paying attention, and wasn't taking account the kids would get bigger when we test drove it:pat:

cj7

LOL!

I do believe I have been through that same culvert! It looks like the ones at the BadLands in IN.