• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My Partner Just Died

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The minority partner in my company was found dead by his sister this afternoon. Nobody has been able to reach him since sometime yesterday. He was 64, was planning on retirement April 1.

We was not healthy, but I never expected this. His wife is on a trip visiting family in NYC, she found out on the phone this afternoon. I spoke with his sister and that is how I found out because I left my daughter's volleyball match and called my voicemail to find 6 messages and 17 missed calls. She was the first one I called back. The police from the town he lived in also called, as did my Vice President (the guy who actually runs my company).

He loved to garden, loved his lawn, we didn't have much in common other than plants and flowers, we often butted heads at work over computer issues, but he really was a nice guy.

I think I'm in a bit of shock.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
My condolences to his family and yours as well as all of your employees.

Dave

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.
My prayers are with you all

Brian

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Bob,

So sorry to hear about your loss. May God be his family and your familly during this time.

murph

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Wow Bob, Sorry to hear the bad news. How long did you guys work together. It's always a shock when a coworker leaves like that. If ya need anything..... :(

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
That is sad. Too often people never get to enjoy their retirement years because they are called for by our G-d. My condolences to his family and to you and your extended family of employees on the loss of a friend and partner.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob, I am very sorry to hear this disturbing and sad news. It is always bad enough when it is expected, but it somehow seems worse when it comes unexpected. Please accept my sincere condolences for you, your company employees and his family.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob,
I'm very sorry to hear the news. Your partners family and your family are in our prayers. May God help you and yours thru this tough time.

Viking

Site Supporter
Bob, sorry to hear about your partner. Shortly before retirement...that really sucks.

Cityboy

Banned
My thoughts exactly...that sucks. 64 is so young. My heart goes out to this mans family. I lost my dad in 1987 at age 61 and it still sucks.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey guys, thanks, but no need to send condolences. I'm not even sure why I posted it other than I was in such shock over it, I really just never expected it at all. He and I were talking last week about his future retirement he really hadn't given me a date, he had been thinking of Jan or April, just decided to hold off until April, I had just given him a cruise so he could take his wife to Bermuda (scheduled go in January 2006). Like I said, just total shock.

His wife should be landing in Chicago as I type this, he has 2 kids, both grown and moved away and have families of their own. They will all have to come into town. I suspect the funeral will be Wednesday? At this point the cause of death is unknown, but presumed to be a heart attack.

He headed up my computer department, wrote some code for us and administered the AS/400 systems that we have to run the operations. We have back ups for him, but none of them know all of what he knew so 3 guys will be backing up 1 guy and it won't be as good, at least until we figure some things out.

Sad thing is this guy was really pretty active, liked getting out and doing things, looked and acted younger than his age and was looking forward to an active retirement.

kensfarm

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Bob I def. understand about the shock.. got an email from a friend at my old job. He had said he just talked to the LAN guy(Gerry Elington) to get a closehanger because he had locked his keys in his car.. Gerry said he didn't feel well.. he went to the bathroom(co-ed).. they ended up kicking the door down 1/2 hour later.. poor man was dead on the floor.. he was only 36.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
When it rains it pours.

Last evening my warehouse foreman's dad died.
The same day my partner died, one of my long term employees lost her dad. So I have two wakes to attend today, 2 funerals tomorrow. And while I don't know the funeral arrangements for my foreman's dad, I suspect the wake will be Friday and Funeral will be Saturday morning. I think I mentioned it to Dargo in a PM, but my aunt died last week, we buried her last Thursday. This sucks.