• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Who is the Best Band of All Time

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

It depends on if we are looking at only a group that is still playing like the Beach Boys or the Beatles who broke up years ago . Could a solo artist like Elton or Elvis be considered or only a group such as the Mamas & the Papas

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Black Sabbath....no ACDC.....no The Eagles....crap Doc we need a short list to vote on.

Iron Maiden......Rush.....crap this is hard.

K

kermit2

Grand Funk Railroad, (We're an American Band), no CCR, no Lynrd Skynrd, no the Doors, or..........

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbNymZ7vqY"]YouTube- The Muppets: Bohemian Rhapsody[/ame]

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Moody Blues, Dire Straits, The Ventures, Eagles, Jefferson Airplane, Pink Floyd, R.E.M., Doors, Fleetwood Mac for a start on the Rock side with many more. As for country it would be ZZ Tops, Charlie Daniels, Leonard Skinner, The Highwayman, etc. Too many for me to name really but those are off the top of my head at the moment.

Ironman

1qmqyo.jpg

Attachments

• pink_floyd_-_dark.jpg
    pink_floyd_-_dark.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 105

Ironman

Pink Floyd hey
Yep. :smile:
My buddy got some really good seats and I saw them in Madison WI. - in '97 I think, on the 4th of July. To see my favorite band play for me was one of the best times I ever had looking back. That, and before the concert I saw some strange things that farmboys don't usually see. Like this one fella talking to a stop light and trying to shake hands with people that weren't there. :confused:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Saw their Dark Side of the Moon Concert in Florida but really can't seem to remember what year it was now, actually had trouble even finding my car afterward. :whistling:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nope, no ones got it yet. I was watching them when I started this thread.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
My first band I really followed was the Ventures back in the early 60's, followed by the original Moody Blues and Credence Clear Water in the 60's and then in the 70's Dire Straits. I then switched to country and have never looked back. Before them was mostly Elvis, Everly Brothers, Ricky Nelson, etc.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes and the Grateful Dead and the Who (had the best album covers by Dean just loved them).

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
ding ding ding. Joe got it, IMHO. The Who are the best band of all time. :thumb: :clap: They were amazing. Zepllin and the Dead, Floyd and the Stones all Rock in my book.

What's wrong with the Stones & the Beatles Tree? Not your cup of tea?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
ding ding ding. Joe got it, IMHO. The Who are the best band of all time. :thumb: :clap: They were amazing. Zepllin and the Dead, Floyd and the Stones all Rock in my book.

One of my favorite Who songs is Borris the Spider.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm sorry the Yes was the group with the neatest art work though the Who where good also. I still get those two groups mixed up and don't know why their music is really different for the most part. Roger Dean did most Yes album covers and inserts and I flat loved his work. I actually have 3 books of his art work.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
One of my favorite Who songs is Borris the Spider.

I dare you to tell me John Entwistle wasn't stoned when he wrote this!

Boris the Spider said:
Look, he's crawling up my wall
Black and hairy, very small
Now he's up above my head
Hanging by a little thread

Now he's dropped on to the floor
Heading for the bedroom door
Maybe he's as scared as me
Where's he gone now, I can't see

There he is wrapped in a ball
Doesn't seem to move at all
Perhaps he's dead, I'll just make sure
Pick this book up off the floor

He's come to a sticky end
Don't think he will ever mend
Never more will he crawl 'round
He's embedded in the ground

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWpz2OYf1QU"]YouTube- The Who - Boris the Spider[/ame]

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Barb o oriley has he best scream in rock and roll.
Beatles played love love me do
While the Who were rocking hard with Substitute, Magic Bus, 8 Miles high etc. And they only got better ....

Yes was also good, as was Blind Faith, Derick and the Dominos (Duanne and Eric together were un friggin believeable), The Allman Brothers and more. But The Who was first with that type of hard rocking rock and roll.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd agree Dave. Stoned or zonked out of his mind on something else.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Hmm, best concert I remember? :biggrin:

I really enjoyed the Styx, REO Speedwagon and Foghat concert. Aerosmith is always good in concert too. I think I enjoyed the Steve Miller Band followed by ZZ Top, but I'm not real sure...

Don't get me wrong, I like studio albums, but if they can't hit a lick in concert I always felt they were lacking. Oh, Ted Nugent was the loudest concert I've ever been to. I'm pretty sure I lost some hearing during Great White Buffalo even with napkins wadded up in my ears. :smile:

Treefriend

Banned

They're fine but I don't think they were the greatest of all time...and even

if they were, the people who think they are tend to be very annoying about

their conviction.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Since I was the bell captain at the largest hotel in my area, I got to carry the luggage of several bands. You'd never guess who was the wildest and absolutely destroyed their rooms. Kansas! I didn't care, they tipped a hundred bucks every time I did anything for them (this was all in the late 70's). Three Dog Night partied really heavy too and tipped well. Paul Stanley gave me 300 bucks so Gene Simmons gave me 301 bucks. I was looking for Peter Criss or whoever else was in their band at the time. Freaking Linda Ronstadt had me hauling luggage for hours, running all sorts of personal errands for her and crap and she freaking stiffed me!!! For a tip she offered me an autographed picture. I nearly got fired for telling her to just keep it. I still won't listen to her no matter what since then.

Oh, anybody remember Head East? Their road manager gave me 500 bucks for the whole band. I thought that was awesome! I think a band called Dokken (or something like that) was their warm up band. They all gave me 20 bucks each which was okay, since I don't think they were knocking down big bucks. Let's see, Foreigner, Styx and REO Speedwagon tipped well too. Kenny Rogers gave me 200 bucks for carrying one bag.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I hate this question! Doc!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrr

Mmmk.. I can't decide on one.

So in order:
AC/DC -Pink Floyd --tied can't decide between the two

The Who
The Beatles
Zeppelin
Rush
:smile:

Best song of all time.. without a doubt IMO...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1htZFVGsBMw"]YouTube- comfortably numb lyrics[/ame]

Comfortably Numb- Pink Floyd.. I can listen to this song over and over and never get tired of it... especially at 4:32.. mind blowing! :brows::mrgreen: