• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Crock pot pizza

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Finally, i think tomorrow i'n gonna get around to making this. I got all the ingredients , but won't know exactly how much of each i'll use just yet. My crock pot is six quarts and i like filling it all the way up when i can, so i have lots to put back for later. When i get it all together i'll give a breakdown of everything. Anyway here is a pic of the ingredients although i might have to pick up one more bag of cheese. Also, just the word pizza lit up a couple of girls eyes.:biggrin:

Attachments

• Pizza 009 (800 x 600).jpg
    Pizza 009 (800 x 600).jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Pizza 004 (800 x 600).jpg
    Pizza 004 (800 x 600).jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 91

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
I cooked the hamberburger with onions and green peppers last night, then drained it and put it in the fridge so all i had to do today was put it in the crockpot. I put a layer of the cooked meat in first and then a layer of the noodles. Then the pepperoni, mushrooms, and black olives. The last layer was the cheese. I did forget the olives and mushrooms on the first layer ,so i just ended up with them on the 2nd and 3rd layer. I had 3 layers total of everything. I wasn't wanting a lot of mushrooms and black olives anyway so it worked out ok. The last pic will show what it looks like without the final layer of cheese on it yet. I'm looking for some more grease from the hamburger even though i drained it best i could. So after a coupla hours or so, and before i put on the last layer of cheese , i'm either gonna dip out the excess grease or soak it up with some bread. After that then the cheese will go on. Gonna let it all cook on low for 5 hours like it says and see if i did ok with it. Here are the ingredients i used.

2 lbs hamburger ..i used what sis brought over but i recommend the highest quality you can get ....even ground chuck.
2 cans of pizza sauce ( not spaghetti sauce)
1 lb of rigatoni noodles ( i have used lasagna noodles before and they work great too)
1 and 1/2 lbs of shredded mozzarelli cheese ( i used some cheddar and jack too coz i was afraid i wasn't gonna have enough.)
1/2 a large onion diced up
1/2 a large green pepper diced up
about 7 ounces of pepperoni slices cut quartered is what i ended up using
2 ounces of black olives
6 ounces of mushrooms

I have made this before maybe a couple of years ago with the lasagna noodles and they were great. I tried using sausage then but it was to greasy i think.

Attachments

• crock pot pizza 002 (800 x 600).jpg
    crock pot pizza 002 (800 x 600).jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 85
  • crock pot pizza 003 (800 x 600).jpg
    crock pot pizza 003 (800 x 600).jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Pizza 004 (800 x 600).jpg
    Pizza 004 (800 x 600).jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 76
  • crock pot pizza 005 (800 x 600).jpg
    crock pot pizza 005 (800 x 600).jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 81
  • crock pot pizza 006 (800 x 600).jpg
    crock pot pizza 006 (800 x 600).jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 81
  • crock pot pizza 007 (800 x 600).jpg
    crock pot pizza 007 (800 x 600).jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 79

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Not sure how the granddaughters pic ended up in there. lol Anyway this last pic shows it is done except for the final layer of cheese.

Attachments

• crock pot pizza 008 (800 x 600).jpg
    crock pot pizza 008 (800 x 600).jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 83

Mama

They're crock pot liners. They make for really easy cleanup, the stuff just cooks right in the bag.

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Any pictures of the finished product?

Crap, i forgot the final pics. Thanks for reminding me.:biggrin: Ok, there are 3 things i will change next time and it will be perfect. 1,...i will pre-cook or at least soak the noodles first because it ended up kind of dry and burnt a few on top. One recipe said to cook and the other said not too...and i couldn't remember how i did it last time and left them dry. But they will be better moist. 2... i would use 3 lbs of cheese coz it wasn't enough for me. But, i love cheese. Also, 3.. this is one of the few instances where the plastic liner could be left off. All that cheese made it tough to get off there. Anyway, i moistened it up some and the grandkids loved it. I just added a big jar of spahgetti sauce that i had and stirred it up and it did taste great. And only cook it for about 4 hours on low heat ,coz everything else is cooked and only needs heated up is all. The noodles will get mushy if they get overcooked and were pre moistened to begin with. This is one of my favorites made in the crock pot and i'll be making it again in a few weeks i'm sure. The first pic is all the ingredients in it, and the second pic it is done cooking. You can see in the second pic it is dry.

Attachments

• crock pot 001 (800 x 600).jpg
    crock pot 001 (800 x 600).jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 61
  • crock pot 004 (800 x 600).jpg
    crock pot 004 (800 x 600).jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 57