• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Money....What money?

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28654819/

APTRANS.gif
updated 19 minutes ago

BLOOMSBURG, Pa. - A Pennsylvania couple is behind bars after police say they failed to call the bank when a glitch put an extra $175,000 in their account.

Authorities say 50-year-old Randy Pratt and 36-year-old Melissa Pratt instead withdrew the money, quit their jobs and moved to Florida.
They were buying a house in the Orlando area when the mistake was traced.

The two were arraigned Tuesday on theft and other charges and jailed in lieu of $100,000 bail. A public defender was being assigned.

A $1,772.50 deposit showed up in their FNB Bank account last summer as $177,250.

Police say Melissa Pratt said her husband, a roofing installer, often got large checks and she wasn't aware of any error.

:yum: yea...right

:whistling: Gee how'd that get there....:yum:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Early bailout!!!!!!!

These people are in jail and Madoff is in his penthouse apartment. There is no justice in this country when a working man goes to jail for someone else's mistake which he should not of taken advantage of and a ripoff artist who has swindled billions from people for years gets to stay in his penthouse apartment?????????????:sad:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Early bailout!!!!!!!

These people are in jail and Madoff is in his penthouse apartment. There is no justice in this country when a working man goes to jail for someone else's mistake which he should not of taken advantage of and a ripoff artist who has swindled billions from people for years gets to stay in his penthouse apartment?????????????:sad:
Yep, good point. :agree:

American Woman

Site Supporter
Early bailout!!!!!!!

:agree: and the fairness in this pisses me off. The more crooked money you have the easier everything is.
I think at the most these people should have to pay back the money...say $10 a month until it's paid off.
icon10.gif

And why not??? My ex was $11,000 behind in child support by the time the courts caught up with him. His justice was to continue his regular payments with $5 extra a month to catch up what was behind. $5 a month to catch up $11,000 :shock:
Never mind I was a single mother working 3 jobs when they caught up with him and ordered this "help".