• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Worst Restaurant Experience

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
There are soooooo many places to eat. Different cities, different States, different cuisines.

And there are a huge amount of places that just flat out suck!

Youve been there! What is YOUR worst experience at a restaurant? :ermm:

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
There are soooooo many places to eat. Different cities, different States, different cuisines.

Applebees. In Cameron Park, Ca. Couldn't get seated for anything. Forgot about us, reminded them, missed us again, walked out.

Old Chinese place in Orangevale, Ca. It was a dive. Service was good, food was yuck yuck yuck. Didn't finish it. Not even think about finishing it. Been gone for a long time now.

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter

What was yours!?!? :D

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
A red lobster down in Florida. When I was still a kid at the age of 9 yrs old, my parents took us to Florida for a vacation. I'll always remember this. We went to a red lobster and had an obviously gay water who intentionally spilled a large glass of coke on my dad's lap. In a very gay manner, the guy says, "I'm thorry thir! I'll whipe that up for you!" Then proceed for a rag and went for my dads midsection. The look on my dads face was priceless. We still talk about it to this day.

American Woman

Site Supporter
In a very gay manner, the guy says, "I'm thorry thir! I'll whipe that up for you!" Then proceed for a rag and went for my dads midsection. The look on my dads face was priceless. We still talk about it to this day.
Your poor Dad.....he must have been in so much shock he couldn't move :biggrin:

My worst was like Hula's.....bugs in my food. :ermm:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

It's a toss up between waiting in line for an hour at The Cheesecake Factory at 8pm at night with a "starving", crying grand daughter, then leaving and going to TGI Friday's where she then fell asleep after 1 bite of food........

or.. the fish and chips experience at Scarborough, served to me by a woman with dried blood clearly visible in both nostrils.:mellow:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
How about ordering roosted chicken and the blood was running out of the chicken leg. I had them take it back and I left. Could the waitress not have seen it.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Been in a few bad ones in my time. The worst was probably an Ethiopian restaurant in Dallas, Texas. I found out why they are all starving to death over there. It's not that that they don't have any food, it's just that it tastes so bad that malnutrition is a more attractive option. :biggrin:

The Tourist

Banned
For me it's not what, but how and why.

Madison doesn't have a lot of upscale restaurants, even though that's improving. But the better the place, the more likely I'll get work. In most cases, I set up somewhere in the kitchen.

There's an old saying that anyone who loves justice or sausage should not watch either being made. And I agree.

While watching the "floor show" of chefs and sous-chefs scream, babble, throw things and make death threats in numerous foreign languages is stimulating and enjoyable, there's still the issue of actually eating the food.

This is one of the reasons I enjoy The Ginza of Tokyo. While most of the food has been already blocked to size, at least you see it prepared before it hits the plate.

And yes, many times I feel McDonalds is the better choice...

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Olive Garden.
after spending enough time waiting for water, then menus, then getting our orders taken, they forgot to prepare mine.
I got my meal about the time the rest of my party was finishing theirs -- and it was still frozen in the middle.

Second worst was House of Hunam in Topeka, Ks - there was so much MSG in the food, I suffered significant GI distress about halfway through my entree...

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Another one... China Garden Buffet.
What is it about the Chinese in that they WATCH you like hawks while you're eating, then come and snatch the plate away before you've chewed and swallowed your last crab rangoon??
Then you get the bill after 2 trips to the buffet?
Is that like saying STOP! you've eaten enough already??:yum:

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
What is it about the Chinese in that they WATCH you like hawks while you're eating, then come and snatch the plate away before you've chewed and swallowed your last crab rangoon??

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdwuiyO7hOU"]You go home now!!!![/ame]

One of my favorite comedy bits

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Finding pieces of one of those thick metal industrial scrubby pads in my food.

Didn't get a free dessert or any thing. Place didn't last long.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Was today, this evening, Texas Roadhouse. We got there and got our seat in time. The bloomin onion was good but took a while to get to the table. Secondly our meals, appetizer ribs and chicken got to the table and was less than we expected in flavor and quality. My fries tasted stale and had WAY too much seasoning, chicken was not crispy deep fried but limp. Her ribs were OK, but nothing special.

Worst off was the service, the girl was more attentive to the table behind us than us, even going so far as talking to them while asking us about drinks. We both needed more.

Left this message with manager (who was also intrigued by the table behind us), worse service ever in the place, and a 1$ tip, which would have been a 5$ tip with good service.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Was today, this evening, Texas Roadhouse. We got there and got our seat in time. The bloomin onion was good but took a while to get to the table. Secondly our meals, appetizer ribs and chicken got to the table and was less than we expected in flavor and quality. My fries tasted stale and had WAY too much seasoning, chicken was not crispy deep fried but limp. Her ribs were OK, but nothing special.

Worst off was the service, the girl was more attentive to the table behind us than us, even going so far as talking to them while asking us about drinks. We both needed more.

Left this message with manager (who was also intrigued by the table behind us), worse service ever in the place, and a 1$ tip, which would have been a 5$ tip with good service.
that's the kind of service I had both times I tried the local one - haven't been back in 3 or 4 years...

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter

Never had this experience at our local Chinese buffet, and we eat there quite a bit. I dont eat crab rangoon though. I always eat too much, always eat all I get with each plate, and always am courteous to the staff. I usually will have 3 plates, something diff on each, then a light something at the end. Ours are expensive though, 7.95 plus drinks each.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Never had this experience at our local Chinese buffet, and we eat there quite a bit. I dont eat crab rangoon though. I always eat too much, always eat all I get with each plate, and always am courteous to the staff. I usually will have 3 plates, something diff on each, then a light something at the end. Ours are expensive though, 7.95 plus drinks each.
It's about the same here Danny.
I always get crab rangoon, shrimp.. the sesame green beans, egg fried rice, glazed carrots and the lobster with the baby corn in the hot sauce (yum).. usually 3 plates, but never finish the third... just pick around and wonder why I got a third! lol
Oh, and the desserts are way too sweet.. I never get those or eat the fresh fruit... ick!

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Do you have Mongolian BBQ in your area?

It's about the same here Danny.
I always get crab rangoon, shrimp.. the sesame green beans, egg fried rice, glazed carrots and the lobster with the baby corn in the hot sauce (yum).. usually 3 plates, but never finish the third... just pick around and wonder why I got a third! lol
Oh, and the desserts are way too sweet.. I never get those or eat the fresh fruit... ick!

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Not in the immediate area.
Why? :shifty:

Just wondered. There are a bunch of them in the greater Sacramento area. I like them, because I don't like some veggies, cooked or raw. So, I can "customize" my dish with just the stuff I like:biggrin:

Don't know how common they are in other area's.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Just wondered. There are a bunch of them in the greater Sacramento area. I like them, because I don't like some veggies, cooked or raw. So, I can "customize" my dish with just the stuff I like:biggrin:

Don't know how common they are in other area's.
I know they have them in Cleveland and down around Columbus, though I've never been.
The next time I head to Akron and see my son and the bratcat granddaughter, we'll be sure to go to Cleveland and hit it.. we always make a day trip to Cleveland. Thanks! :smile:

D

darroll

We used to eat at the local Buffet downtown until they put up a sign:
"We are not responsible if you eat undercooked food here".
(Or something like that). In other words, If you get sick, don't sue us.
YUK

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We used to eat at the local Buffet downtown until they put up a sign:
"We are not responsible if you eat undercooked food here".
(Or something like that). In other words, If you get sick, don't sue us.
YUK
Old 'net photo joke, but somehow fitting?

Attachments

• 6a00b8ea074de01bc000cd972956344cd5-500pi.png
    6a00b8ea074de01bc000cd972956344cd5-500pi.png
    300.5 KB · Views: 84