• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I slept for 8 straight hours last night.
That's amazing lol
Today, nothing much really.
I considered calling Ty to see if I can please come to see the girls.
I'm not allowed until "all that sh!t" clears up at work.
That's understandable, but I sure do miss them.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I piddled all week-end. The rain started yesterday, all day, so I didn't do anything. It's still drizzling this morning so it looks as nothing will be achieved today either. I have to run in to town later on for some shopping but that'll be it for today. It's supposed to rain tomorrow as well.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy folks,
not much to do today because of the rain. When I got up this morning my rain gauge was topped out at 5 inches. I emptied it and now it is showing 2 more inches and it is still coming down. Good old nothing day!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Covered 200kms roughly on the side by side going through some tight twisted side roads looking for birds. Saw a momma bear and her cub. Got 2 birds. Saw 5.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Inservice meeting today concerning the quickly RESOLVING covid situation.
State has been in all damn week.

After that, I'm taking some friends out to dinner.

Bannedjoe

Just for the visual, I put the cannon on the trailer.
There's just waaayyy too much suspension on this thing.
With the barrel on it, it's just wobbly as hell.
I'll probably have to remove the coils, or maybe cut them down some.

I've been looking around for some info or forums to discuss this thing, but of the few I've found, discussion of homemade cannons, or anything outside of actual to spec reproductions seems to be frowned on.

Attachments

• IMG_2665.JPG
    IMG_2665.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2664.JPG
    IMG_2664.JPG
    314.9 KB · Views: 75

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
The gym this morning. Then going to a friend's house. He's a disabled Veteran. Going to buy him a few things he wants.

A fund raiser for a friend. She is running for state rep. And a NRA meeting after that.

bill w

Day 6 of cutting trees that got took out by hurricane sally. power finally back on after 6 days without. sure glad the generator was running great. 1000,s of trees down in and around town. raining again today. on top of the 28 inches we got during the storm...fun fun.bill w

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Day 6 of cutting trees that got took out by hurricane sally. power finally back on after 6 days without. sure glad the generator was running great. 1000,s of trees down in and around town. raining again today. on top of the 28 inches we got during the storm...fun fun.bill w

Bill, hope you didn't have other damage. The trees are bad enough.

Jim

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing exciting today other than a whole lot of yard work. Drained cleaned with baking soda and water drained again and filled the golf cart batteries to freshen them for winter. Built a dropped hitch for the Jacobsen mower to be able to haul the lawn sweeper around to pick up dead grass and leaves before winter.

Hauled out the snowmobile trailer. Washed the boat. Removed the batteries then backed it in under the carport attached to the shop. I love having that. No worrying about tarping anything up and it's protected from the sun rain and snow. In the spring I only have to haul the boat out and reinstall the batteries.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

Man, you have my sympathy.

Today? I piddled around some but basically it was a diesel hauling day. I store my diesel in drums down in the barn. The transfer tank in the bed of the truck only holds 55 gallons so I had to make two trips to get everything filled up again. What surprised me was that red diesel was only $1.70/ gallon, normal diesel was $2.00/gallon. I may have to get a couple more drums. It's not going to stay that low forever. Anyhow, right now I've got my diesel stocks built back up so I can last another 6 months or, more likely, a year. I got it all stabilized and treated so I'm ready for whatever Greg Abbott throws at us next.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Going to the lake camp tonite. All the kids are coming but, they cannot come until Saturday morning. So Grampa gets to set up the tents and chairs, chop firewood and prepare the camper, and the sailboat for sleeping.

It's supposed to be a beautiful day on Saturday which works out for the Walnut day Fair in Stockton. Lord only knows want useless trinkets, furniture's and lawn ornaments I will have to haul home. But I do have the One Ton Dodge.
And just so I can use PG's word, There is "nowt" I can do about it.

Sunday may bring rain again. Hope it holds off 'til I get home.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, last Sunday I made a trip to the work cabin with dads little boy.
on Sunday when I got there after unloading I was able to get the panel cables measured and the ends installed. The vendor I bought the parts from ( Hurricane wind and solar ) had me a little concerned with the assembly, but I found it as easy as crimping an electrical connector on a wire. Just requires a special crimper.
Monday I got all of the cables installed from the panels to the charge controller. ( the bulkhead fittings I used were barely big enough for all the cables but they fit and it was easy to seal up around them.) next I brought the batteries and inverter from the cabin and got them installed and hooked up, by this time it was about 4:30 in the afternoon. The panels were putting out 42 volts and topped the batteries in no time. There are 7kw there now and I have enough to increase to 21kw on the next trip. Next I hooked the inverter to the cabin, I had to bypass going under the cabin and through the floor under the panel because I forgot the anchor gun and it was too slow trying to break through the stone foundation without it.On the next morning after overnight usage the batteries were down to 27V from 30.1 full charge. by 7:30 am they are charged up again.
Next I tackled the water system. The tank was melted down flat with a tree on it.
All I had to cut with was a hack saw as my tree saw burned up in an out building, I got it cut and out of the way, then removed some old wood and rocks. to get the new tank in the ground some to help with freezing. I got everything done and filled the water tank about half way by making trips with my pickup tank and draining it into the large tank by a higher elevation on the forest road and a Long hose. each trip took about 2 hours for the truck tank to fill at the neighbors spring hose then drain it into the large tank. this one is 600 gallons. The old one was 1000 gallons but I never will use that much water and it is always filling when the spring is hooked up. I most likely won't get that done until spring as about 1000' of 1-1/2" tubing burned up and has to be trenched under the road. I thought I was going to get a hot shower on Thursday when I got water in the tank but when I turned the water on I had forgot about the outside shower that was next to the old tank and water was squirting everywhere, by this time it was late in the afternoon and I didn't have the parts to repair it, so another spit bath. I had time to secure the gates so no unwanted visitors can show up when I am not there. Most likely I will make another trip soon to finish the water and start cleaning up. The snow will fly next month.

Attachments

• IMG_1265.jpg
    IMG_1265.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1266.jpg
    IMG_1266.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1268.jpg
    IMG_1268.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1278.jpg
    IMG_1278.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1283.jpg
    IMG_1283.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1285-2.jpg
    IMG_1285-2.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1287.jpg
    IMG_1287.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1288.jpg
    IMG_1288.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1295.jpg
    IMG_1295.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 52

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Looking good. All wasn't lost thankfully. You'll get it rebuilt.

I'm at camp again. VERY rough night last night. (May or may not have involved a few too many) lol

Went out bird hunting today by myself. Did good. 3 hours and I had a limit.
6c07d5502cb87153ec3ee829a7ee8cd3.jpg
05a83b003feac3578712bcdf7c0de350.jpg
c9a003dea641f28b67c59124f4e8bc6f.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Looking good. All wasn't lost thankfully. You'll get it rebuilt.

I'm at camp again. VERY rough night last night. (May or may not have involved a few too many) lol

Went out bird hunting today by myself. Did good. 3 hours and I had a limit.
6c07d5502cb87153ec3ee829a7ee8cd3.jpg
05a83b003feac3578712bcdf7c0de350.jpg
c9a003dea641f28b67c59124f4e8bc6f.jpg

Looking good, no one is going hungry.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Looking good, no one is going hungry.
Yep. I cooked them up for supper at camp.

Got up and loaded up the side by side to bring it home to give it a much needed bath and servicing. While loading it up this morning, I discovered the right side tire on my flat deck was bald. Thankfully it made it home. I had a spare and jack if it blew. I took my youngest son hunting for a couple hours down a bush road on the way home. No birds as it was too windy.

Came home. Unloaded and washed the side by side. Then, I tackled the trailer tire. Before removing it, I gave it a wiggle to confirm my suspicion. Sure enough, some play in the wheel bearing. The previous owner had changed them before I bought it last year. So I popped the grease cover off and found that the castle nut wasn't tight enough before he installed the cotter pin. This gave it a slight shimmy. I removed and inspected the bearings. They were fine so I reassembled it and reinstalled the castle nut to the correct tightness. So I have to pick up a tire....um....maybe not! I looked over at the boat trailer which is put away for the winter and realized that the spare is the same size. Score! The flat deck is now together and the boat trailer has the old tire from the flat deck as a spare.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
After lunch I spent the afternoon washing the RV. I seem to spend a lot of time washing and waxing that sucker. Now it's sparkling and should be good for another month. :thumbup: I really want to take it out on the road.

The rest of the afternoon I spent filling in the last of the hog holes. I'm going to wait until the sprinklers or rain compacts it some and then fill in the low spots with top soil.

Went over to my S-I-Ls for a relaxing dinner of Swiss steak, her patented mashed potatoes and cauliflower and a mess of veggies. Man, she does that good.

We'll see what tomorrow holds.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Still trying to wake up.
These last few days have been very hard on my mind and body.
I have the next two days off and am going to enjoy every damn minute.
This coming weekend the kids and I are going to a large farm in Michigan for the fall tour.
Something happy to look forward to.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My concrete guy wants to do the shop floor project this week. I stillhave to jack the outer wall and remove the sill plate.
The original sill plate is a 3' X 12" white oak board that runs in two 12 foot pieces under the twenty four foot wall. After 40years, it is still intact but showing some rot. I want the new concrete to flow under the wall and support it. So, I have to remove the old wooden foundation sill and put in 12" jacks.

I'm using 1/2 " X 13 threaded rods about 12" long through the 2X4 base plates of the existing stud wall. Since they will stand on the original 4" concrete floor and be enrobed by 7" of new concrete, I presume that will be sufficient. It will approximate having the usual "J" hooks normally in a foundation attachment to a framed wall. Because they are threaded, I can make leveling adjustments before the pour.

I hope my guy pours this week. I have a ton of projects waiting for the new shop to be completed.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I did see what today brought. It started around 1 o'clock this morning with thunder and lightening all around. And then it hit us and it got wild in a hurry. It was the most amazing electric show that I've seen in a long, long time. The rain was torrential and the wind blew like hell. The power blinked off for a couple of minutes. I got up to check all the electrical stuff in the house and had a look at the weather radar. It was all coming from one teeny-weeny cell that passed right over the house. It came and went in under 30 minutes.

So, my outdoor plans for today have been pretty much canceled. Although it is a beautiful morning, everything is saturated. I think I'll run in to town later and do some shopping and I may start filling the back of the truck for a dump run tomorrow. Otherwise it's going to be a piddling and napping day.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I did see what today brought. It started around 1 o'clock this morning with thunder and lightening all around. And then it hit us and it got wild in a hurry. It was the most amazing electric show that I've seen in a long, long time. The rain was torrential and the wind blew like hell. The power blinked off for a couple of minutes. I got up to check all the electrical stuff in the house and had a look at the weather radar. It was all coming from one teeny-weeny cell that passed right over the house. It came and went in under 30 minutes.

So, my outdoor plans for today have been pretty much canceled. Although it is a beautiful morning, everything is saturated. I think I'll run in to town later and do some shopping and I may start filling the back of the truck for a dump run tomorrow. Otherwise it's going to be a piddling and napping day.

I presume that's the mess we got up here in Missouri. I left Springfield about 5:00 PM amidst a torrential rain. It pounded me all the way up I-44 until I got to St Clair about 9:00. Winds were out of the NNE most of the way. Coming right at me or from the side. Visibility was less than 40 feet most of the time. Sometimes none at all.

Most of the cars and trucks were driving with flashers and under 45 MPH. The normal two hour drive lasted into four hours of hell.

Funny thing, the moment I turned north, it was dry. Seems I-44 was the dividing line. I wish I had turned north earlier. St Louis gota misty drizzle all night. Cold and wet this morning.

A Perfect Monday.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
After the kiddies left for school I headed to the city to pick up a few things. I ended up driving around all over the city looking for engine soundproofing and heat shield foam with no luck.

I decided last night that I'm growing quite tired of nearly getting blisters on my right a$$ cheek every time I go out on the side by side. That's the one downside to having bucket seats in a side by side. The engine sits right between the seats and is only covered by a plastic shroud. So I thought I'd install some sheets of heat and soundproofing foam on the inside of the cover to hopefully cool down my a$$ and quiet the noise a bit.

I also did some research and found that I can try removing the end cap on the muffler and pack some steel wool inside that I would help muffle the sound slightly. It seems to work. We'll see if it makes a difference tomorrow as I'm heading back to camp hunting again.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, this morning I went to the field to look at fabricating a platform and ladder to reach the top of a can elevator, came home ate lunch then it got hot, we are in another heat wave this week all 100 degree days. WTF I'm tired of this shit.

Attachments

• IMG_1309.jpg
    IMG_1309.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.